Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some Nice Healing Taking Place

2 comments
 
Many of you have read my post about taking a break from Facebook and Twitter. If you have not you can find it here. This is what God has been doing:
1-He has shown me from where this deep need for approval is rooted.
2-He has shown me that He is the only one from whom we need approval.
3-He has shown me He is the One and Only who grows our ministries.
4-He has given me great insight from an amazing mentor.
5-In addition to the unhealthy approval need, He has shown me how much time I waste on social media. There is a balance and He is teaching me to find it.
6-He has shown me that my online presence does matter and I need to use it for His glory alone.
7-He has reminded me to keep my eyes on Him.
8-He has reminded me that Facebook and Twitter are awesome opportunities to pray for others.

Okay so now I have cleaned some things up and will be able to return soon I am sure. I love how God shows us these things in our hearts that are not pleasing to Him yet by the work of the Holy Spirit He removes them. How by the blood of the Cross in Christ we are completely approved by Him and that is all that matters.

It has been only a few days away so far but I have enjoyed catching up on blog reading, spending more time with my family, and sinking deep into His word. Now I need to be certain I hear Him clearly on my time to return. Unfortunately when I do things like this I am super hard on myself and where God may have released me to go back on I will be harder on myself than needed. Please pray for me in this. Also there are a few things I just need to clean up to make it a more safe environment.

2 comments:

Vilisi said...

Thank you Angela for sharing your heart. This is really rich and valuable because it comes from a heart that is vulnerable to God. I'm reading the 8 points over again to absorb and apply to myself.
Thank you again. Keeping you in my prayers.

VN

mariel said...

great post, Angela. I love how when I took a break the Lord had a chance to deal with my heart that year and when I returned, I felt so differently (better perspective)! He alone is worthy!! Glad you are back :)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff