Monday, January 10, 2011

Cabin Deja vu - Snowed in Again

0 comments
 
Today we got snowed in again in the south. I am beginning to wonder what all this global warming talk nonsense is all about. Clearly we keep getting snow. Pretty comical. Today it was okay to be snowed in because we are in our home. We have plenty to sustain us until it clears up. Schools have been cancelled for tomorrow as well so I am not sure how long this will last.

We have a driveway that would be a great luge track. It is completely covered and iced. We had 8 inches of snow today. Wow! We are not those folks who go out and buy a sled for a few days a year. We make big slabs of wood and trash can lids work for this. I guess we have creatively adapted to our current environment.

However, I am feeling tempted to move further south. This amount of snow is more than enough for me. It is fun for a bit but this much is just overrated.

But, I am thankful...
1-We get some great time with the family.
2-We are creating snow memories (which I was afraid the kids would miss out on since we moved south).
3-We have power.
4-We have food.
5-We are in an environment where we have what we need.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff