Sunday, January 30, 2011

Please Don't Tell Me My God is Not Personal

2 comments
 
"Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs." ~Zephaniah 3:17

As I have been doing this Bible study with Dee Brestin and some wonderful ladies over at her blog,
God has been showing me a sin of needing approval from others that is alive and well in my heart. I did some things to try to remove it in obedience. I thought I was doing pretty good. In one area I had this under control yet it snuck up in another area!

Oh our hearts are so easily deceived! Lately I have been seeking approval from others about my daughters condition with aspergers. As a mother I want affirmation or approval from others that this is indeed what she has. A mom knows her children best afterall, yet most people do not see this in her. They know she is a little different but don't see aspergers clearly. Yet based on all my research I know what is going on with her. Others have limited time and contact with her. I know. I have God's approval in this because He is the one that has been leading us down this path to find help for our family.

On our way to church tonight I was discussing what God revealed to me to my husband. Wondering why I feel a need for others approval or affirmation. I resolved to give this to the Lord. I knew I did not need any ones approval or affirmation on this journey. I released it. Whatever happened we would work with this and research as parents to give her the best possible help.

There was a concert at our church. Do you know that the guy singing wrote a song for a family going through this process of thinking their kid had aspergers. Then he sings this song to us. AMAZING! It was the assurance and approval that can only come from God. How amazing is that? God is so good. He gave us what we needed at the time we needed it. He is a very personal God. He is all we need and the only one we need approval from.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh what a wonderful God! And He will be with you as you walk this road with your daughter. That's what I love--you're cares are different than mine, but God is with me, too!

Mining for Diamonds said...

Bless you and your sweet, beautiful precious girls. They are blessed to have a mom like you. God gives us instinct for a reason, and I believe you are following yours. It's hard, but He gives us the grace and affirmation we need! I admire the godly confidence you are gaining! Blessings!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff