Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Confession of Insecurity

2 comments
 
`I have a confession to make. God gave me this ministry some time ago. The purpose was to connect people and encourage those in the faith. This life can be hard and it is so important to keep Christ the center. This is the ministry that God has given me in order to serve others in the unique community of the Internet. This is the reason for my online presence.

However, I found some really thriving ministries with some really amazing people. I adore each one of them and had the amazing opportunity to work alongside them. This was a good thing but as I kept up my work for others I neglected this place that the Lord gave me. I felt like those ministries were valid where mine was well just me. I thought that no one would benefit from this because it was me. Oh my!? Do you hear it over and over again...ME. What in the world?! And where did that slip in?! Good intentions that were God directed but disobeyed.

I had to cut back on contributing for other ministries at this time because of what had happened in my heart. Obedience is more important than sacrifice right? I need to invest in this place first and what God has given here. Then when I get it where God wants it to go, then I can help in other ministries. I still consider myself partnered with them because I love them dearly and I am still going to point you to them. It is so important to walk shoulder to shoulder with other like minded believers.

God has shown me that if He is in it that is all I need. Hang with me as I seek Him, pray and redefine this ministry in the way He wants it. I know some exciting things are coming. I just need to take time in clearly moving as He leads. Thanks for your patience with me in this. Please pray for my family as we work it all out. I know obedience is the most important thing and I cannot wait to see what God does with it as I open my hands and let go of some securities in other people and jump into the unknown with Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. I feel like I've wondered off course of what God wanted me to do with my site. There are so many other great sites, that I didn't feel that I was having the impact they were. But God wasn't calling me to be them....He wants me to be me and reach those in my sphere...some I may never be aware of. Praying that God keeps us focused on what He has called us to be in this world wide web.

Shelley said...

I always remember you telling me that the harvest is vast but the workers are few - there can never be enough of us shouting His fame in our small yet significant place in the blog world - pursue it all girlfriend x

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff