Friday, January 14, 2011

God's Power Seen in the Snow

2 comments
 
"God’s voice is glorious in the thunder. We can’t even imagine the greatness of his power.“He directs the snow to fall on the earth and tells the rain to pour down.Then everyone stops working so they can watch his power."
~Job 37:5-7 NLT

Saw these verses posted on a Facebook friends post. Love them because we did get to see God's power not once but twice in the amazing amounts of snow He let fall. I know people are wanting to get back to work and even being obsessive about it but the verse clearly states that God does this so that everyone stops working so we can take in His greatness. If only we all could learn to just be still and know He is God (Psalm 46:10).

So after being snowed in and trapped inside ceasing to work for two entire weeks in less than a month I sit reflective and thankful. I am in awe of our mighty God and what He does. I saw miracles worked in my own home during this time but those things won't happen until we stop the noise and take time to just see as He would have us see things. What kind of things did you see? Or have you seen in these types of situations?

2 comments:

Vilisi said...

Oh Angela, I feel contrite now for grumbling about the rain that poured down over here yesterday. All I could think of was the washing that needed to be hung up outside.I even posted it on fb! This verse convicts me, esp. the way it's translated!! :) I repent. :)

Kate said...

I love the snow...its so beautiful. I love to spin around in the first snow of the season with my arms lifted up...lol...no kidding! Its so pure, and as softly as it falls, if you listen closley you can hear the soft tapping it makes as it lands...it "refreshes my soul" ;) I am alone most of the time so one might think that quietnes & stillness is a norm...it is; however, there is still that something just beyond the quiet that happyfies (hee hee) my heart. You are probably right, it may just be God stilling me again to enjoy the beauty He has poured out for us. :) Love you sweet sister!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff