Monday, January 3, 2011

Memory Work Monday - What I am Working on

0 comments
 
For accountability this is what I am working on memorizing this week (listed under this). Lately I have realized that meditation on God's word is what is life changing. So often we are thrown off guard in life with unexpected circumstances or happenings from things as simple as bad traffic to diagnosis of devastating illness.

Over the years the only thing that has gotten me through is solid grounding in God's word. I have read the Bible over and over many times but it is just lately that I have realized that meditation on it is very beneficial. With that said, this year I will be working on lots of memory work from the word. Alot of it is in me already, the Holy Spirit will bring those back to memory as He always does in situations. I need it. It is something I know that will be good for me. So it is a purely selfish venture with a good motivation. I just know beyond a doubt I need God's word for survival and any kind of thriving in this life. I will try to post new work every Monday and update you all on my progress.

For SSMT this is my verse:
"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Ephesians 4:29 (ESV)

For our family sanctification:
"Parents, don't come down too hard on your children or you'll crush their spirits." Colossians 3:21(MSG)

For memorizing a book along with church family. (Started this a few times but never worked whole way through):
Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are at Philippi, with the and deacons: overseers
2Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:1-6 (ESV)
  

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff