Monday, June 18, 2012

30 Day Sibling Challenge - Day Eighteen

0 comments
 

Day Eighteen – Love Covers
“Hatred stirs up conflict,
but love covers over all wrongs.” Proverbs 10:12

A friend of mine gave me a book that I recommend as follow up to this. It is called Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends. It is written by three siblings who saw how important it is to be best friends with one another even though it is sometimes hard .It is more important to work on the relationship than to let it go.
One way we let this relationship go is we run from an offense or hold it inside. When we do this it can turn into bitterness. Then that causes issues in the relationship. We must be willing to work through these and work them out. When we are truly loving it will cover these wrongs. Because we are sinners living together in a home we will find many opportunities to choose to cover over wrongs instead of stirring conflict up.

Today’s Action
I want you to consider these questions today and chose love. These questions are for self-evaluation and come from the book I spoke of above.


Have I hurt my brother or sister with unkind words or actions?
Have I stolen from or lied to them?
Have I made fun of them or teased them? Especially in front of my or their friends?
Have I neglected to do something that they were expecting from me?
Have I been hard to please?
Have I been angry with them or lost my temper?
Have I been insensitive to their feelings?
Have I treated them unjustly in anyway?
Have I put my own friends and priorities ahead of them?
Have I gossiped against them?
Have I caused frustration by not noticing or praising them?
Have I had a competitive spirit against them?
Have I ignored them with an attitude of unconcern?

Parent’s Action
Help your children work through this. Add any thoughts to it that will help them. Encourage them to love and forgive over the need to be right all the time.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff