Thursday, April 10, 2008

Feet like a Deer?

17 comments
 
We have been going through a rough time lately here. Oh man, I know life is hard but seriously this is HARD. Yet, we thrive. How is that even possible? It is only with God. I do not even know how anyone can survive the downpours of life without Him. It gives me great compassion for them-the kind that makes you want to shout it from the roof tops. Can you hear me?

Well, because we have been entrusted with some really hard paths, I have found great comfort in a little tiny book in the Old Testament. It is called Habakkuk. During his time, God's people were going through a really rough time. God was allowing discipline. Habakkuk could not understand it so he and God have a conversation about it. A very straight forward and honest conversation. I just love it.

The book ends with Habakkuk stating, "The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights" Habakkuk 3:19. I just love this. If you are going through a rough time what do you make your strength? It is so important that it is found in the unchangeable and loving God we serve.

Then the best part is demonstrated how God gives strength. He makes our feet like deer feet. Think of how graceful deer are. Can you imagine them running and jumping in their swiftness. Even so as they climb higher and higher. Not one foot slips. They are naturals at it. God is training us through these rough times to continue the journey with swiftness and gracefulness even in the tough spots. He is our strength and will get us through. Not by escape alone, though sometimes that happens, but by training us to go through it. What a wonderful thing God does.

So if you are going through a rough time remember this verse. God is good and will always get us through.

17 comments:

Cheri said...

Angela,
I'm so glad you posted this. I have a blogging friend that is going through a hard time and I'm going to share this with her.
You are an inspiration!

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I just LOVE Habakkuk, definitely one of my favorite books of the Bible. I like to bury my face in it on those days where I just feel like bawling.

Living Beyond said...

Amen girlfriend - I am going to get my head in Habakkuk later tonight - thank you. I love how you spoke of God not getting us through by escape!! I know that one of reasons for our tough season is to work on the inside of us. Initially you hope it's to work on the other parties but I would be imature to think that - I want to be changed from the inside out - and I know that God chastises those He LOVES!! I am clinging to His character through this season as I know you are too. I am still praying for you.

Thank you for being such a wonderful inspiration. You inspire me in my tough spots.

ocean mommy said...

This was AWESOME! I don't know why God has trusted you all with this road, but I know that you are bringing Him glory every step of the way.

Love you girl!!!

steph.

Susan Skitt said...

Ang, I like how you pointed out the part about God entrusting us with trials.

I remember after my first husband died I thought, "God, did you HAVE to trust me with this?" But He is soooo faithful, yes, especially in the hard things.

Praying for you all dear friend. God is able...

Diana Simpson said...

love you girl!
dd

Kara Akins said...

I love the part about being graceful. I heard Mimi teach on us flying like eagles. There's a grace to it. We're not just flapping our wings, we're soaring. I love your blog. Very refreshing place and that just came out. I wasn't even thinking about your blog name until after I typed it.

Can't wait to see you in jail tomorrow!:)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girl. Praying for you. Keep praising God in the storm.

Kelli

Leah Adams said...

Beautiful post, Angela. I'm going to spend some time in Habakkuk. Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I pray that things smooth out soon.

Leah

Kim S in SC said...

Praying with you for the hard times! Thank you for sharing this beautiful post! What an encouragement!
Lord, strengthen Angela and her family, even as you take them through difficulties, you remind her of the promise that you will continue drawing her to you with "the feet of a deer". I pray that you will take this family whose hope is in you the LORD and
" will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Thank you Father!
Praise HIM!

Kim

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Yes, you are one of those special ones who God can entrust with trials. But He has a purpose for these trials. They are not an end in and of themselves. They are a means to something absolutely breathtaking: there is nothing like the picture of a saint shouting their praises to God from the rooftop- even as everything going on under that roof is enough to make you cry.

TeacherofHisWord said...

Glory! I thank God for you allowing Him to use you for His Glory in sharing revelation of His Word. I am going to read Habakkuk right now.
Thanks

Orode said...

Glory to God. Thank you for this May you always have cause to Thank God in Jesus Name Amen.

Unknown said...

Great post. Thank you for your encouragement.

Unknown said...

Great post. Thank you for your encouragement.

jeff said...

In times of difficulty it is vital that we maintain our faith in God's sovereign power. Never loose hope & faith.

Unknown said...

I am running a race, literaly, an 8k. I do not feel ready for it, but will meditate on this scripture, as I am running it.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff