Friday, April 25, 2008

We Made It!

5 comments
 
Well, today was our last "official" school day for the year! We made it past our first year of homeschooling and boy can I tell you I absolutely have loved it! Sure, we had some difficulties along the way but those would have occurred in school regardless to where we had it. It is just a relief to know we survived and can do this.

So, I preregistered for our next school year where I will have a Kindergartner and first grader, ordered their curriculum, and celebrated with them their hard work and what is yet to come!

It sure is a great feeling. Now, does that mean we halt learning? Absolutely not. I told them to still expect us doing work just not as long. We live a lifestyle of learning and there are times when they do not even know what I am doing is "school." I like it like that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, great job! I didn't realize this was your first year homeschooling. I'll be trying it officially next year with Kindergarden. I look forward to having curriculum. I am just winging this pre-k stuff.

inspired said...

:o]

Cheri said...

Congratulations. I'm glad it's working so well for your family!

ocean mommy said...

Way to go!!!!

Wendy said...

At the end of our first year, I really felt like I should have received a diploma along with my daughter's kindergarten diploma. It was so much FUN, but such a year for mutual learning, growth, understanding. We had to find our groove.
Now I feel like we're more "at home" with it, and relaxed. It's more about being productive than having a paper trail. ;-)
Congrats to your family! We still have one month left!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff