Sunday, February 17, 2008

Opinions on my Speaker Bio Please

15 comments
 

I Realize it is squished on this format but what are your thoughts on the basics of it?

ANGELA

Parsley

Angela’s Topic’s Include:

Topics for Girls and Young Adults:

  • God’s Girl-How Can You Be God’s Girl in a Not-So-God-Centered World?
  • I Am A Princess, Shut Up! Lessons from the Princess Diaries.
  • Be REAL-Radically Effective and Authentic for Christ.
  • True Beauty
  • Set Apart-Straight Talk about Modesty and Purity.
  • Girl Talk-Straight Talk about Relationships.
  • You Hold The Power of Life And Death-The Truth About Words
  • Whatever-Thoughts on Your Thought Life.
  • Getting Through To God In A Text Message World.
  • Deeply Loved.

Topics for Women:

  • Faith Forward-Passing Your Faith to the Next Generation.
  • Silent Suffering and God’s Restoration.
  • A Retreat of Prayer.
  • Value of Motherhood.
  • A Wife of Valor?

Angela has a passion for teaching women God’s word. She is

Absolutely in love with Jesus and has an authentic faith and passion that is contagious to those around her. Angela has been married to Tony, her high school sweetheart for 13 years. They have two children, Kaitlyn, and Hannah. Angela home schools her children and loves it. Angela and her family are located in Chattanooga, TN.

Angela and her husband are co-founders of the international ministry Refresh My Soul Ministries where Angela writes weekly devotionals to encourage others in their walk with Christ. Angela and her husband are Bible teachers where they have lead and built their college ministry in their home church for the last four years. Angela is also very active in her women’s ministry and teaches middle school girls in their local Awana program.

15 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Hi Angela! Your bio looks great - makes me want to read what you've written (wait, I have already been enjoying some of your gifted writing both here and on your ministry page). Do you have any published works that you could list on your bio, as well?

And to answer your question over on my page - we've been married for almost 8 years. I'm intrigued to learn more...not often I run into people who share a similar story, especially within Church circles. We're often surrounded by couples who have been raised by Christian parents, married their high-school/ Christian sweetheart, waited for their first kiss until their wedding night... (LOL)

Blessings! :)

Cheri said...

I think your bio looks really good. I really hope that someday I will be blessed to hear you speak.

ruth at comfort cafe said...

A well-written bio, very clear. Wishing you all the best in the ministry God has called you to!

Susannah said...

I can read some but not all the words of your bio, and the photos aren't appearing for some reason. There seems to be a problem with the code? I'll check back again later.

I'm excited about what God is doing in your life and ministry!

Hugs, e-Mom

Beams of Light Ministries said...

great pic! I cannot read all of the bullets beside the photo though. The text below I can read and it's great!

Kathy said...

Angela, nice job! I think you've done a nice job highlighting your credentials and your goals, plus giving specifics about the topics you cover. I'll be praying for this! God will use your commitment powerfully. God bless you!!

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Shout it out, sister! You've got a message to share.

Anonymous said...

I read through it last evening (via email), and it looks very good. I believe God is going to do wonderful things in and through you. God bless, love you Princess! Darla

Leah Adams said...

Angela,

I can't see most of the bio. I can only see one picture, but it is a great one. I'll try to check back later. not sure what the problem is.

Leah

ocean mommy said...

Hey Girl!

I'm having trouble reading most of it, but what I can read looks good. I'm sorry about last week! Things around here were crazy. I'm going to e-mail you with details later.

And to everyone else: I've heard this girl speak and she is the real deal. She is passionate about our Jesus and that passion is evident from the moment you look into her eyes.

Blessings!
steph.

God's girl said...

You all are so very sweet. Thanks. I am using this bio for the next step in what God has called me to do. We will see what He does with it.

For you all who are having trouble seeing it, I think you have to look at it in Firefox. Internet Explorer does make it look pretty bad. Sorry.
~Angela

Kathy said...

I'd book ya! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Well said.

ruth at comfort cafe said...

Hey, your blog looks great! You've done a great job of arranging it! Keep up the good work you're doing for the Lord!

Cherie said...

Angela~ I agree, the format isn't the best but the content is really good. I enjoyed reading it.

I like that you validated your bio with the topics that you teach and vice versa. I can see how the two relate. This is one of the things I look for when looking at speakers for my conferences. If what you teach comes from your life experiences you get my attention right away. I know you are going to be good and have some profound thoughts for us. Also, the topics let me know if we are like minded and moving in the same direction.

One thing I would like to see is reviews from the leaders where you have spoken. This could include your Pastor/church leadership/WM leaders. This will give us more incite to how you relate with each group. :)

Overall, great job on the it. I pray this helps you..

Love you girl! You are quite amazing!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff