Thursday, February 7, 2008

Encouragement

6 comments
 
Well, through blog land I have been so encouraged over the past few days. I am praising God for you all! :)

So this am I was over at Robin's blog and she had an awesome story along with Psalm 51. Well, immediately the Holy Spirit illuminated these verses to me:
"12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you."

This was such an answer to prayer. God just always gives us what we need in His living and active Word. It just makes me want to shout! God has been restoring to me the joy of my salvation as I posted below. I have been asking Him if I will ever be able to teach again after all this yuck and hurt I have been going through. Really if I will ever be able to pray like I had in the past or will I let the enemy keep me down?

Then this verse just lit up before my eyes. I have prayed this Psalm many times but never noticed the "then I will....." part. It says, "then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you." That is just the desire of my heart that others will turn back to God, like me. Others in the trenches of life on this earth. I do not care where we are or in what setting. Oh just to teach others about God's goodness in the shopping line, at Chuck E. Cheese, or a conference. What a blessing! To top it off I have been asked to teach at a prayer retreat. Through this I know God is up to something. God is so good to restore and repair our brokenness and frailty. I am so thankful to be in His very capable hands. He will never leave us for forsake us(Joshua 1:5)! That is His divine promise.

6 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I'm praying for you sister!

You know, sometimes I think God has to take us to a place of struggle, hurt, to give us the strength we need to accomplish the plan He has for us. Does that make sense???

I know that He has some awesome plans for you, that is very evident to all who know you. Hang on!!

Love You
steph.

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

I love it when I can tell that "God is up to something"- (Cause He always is!!)

jodi said...

Don't you love how we can read a passage many times and then one day the Lord reveals something new and fresh? His Word is truly alive! :)

Cheri said...

What a blessing you are going to be to so many at the conference.
Wish I could be there to hear you!

Kathy said...

Angela, I'm sorry to hear you've been through "yuck and hurt" but it sounds like you're starting your blessed trip up from the valley.

Kim S in SC said...

Confirmation is good, confirmation from God is VERY GOOD! Glad that He is answering you as you call to HIM. Love that verse in Jer 33:3 : "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" I can hear your joy in your writing! Praise HIM!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff