Saturday, January 1, 2011

Family Goals, Scripture Memory and My First Test

1 comments
 
This year we are going to pursue Christ likeness together in the areas we see in each other that need it the most. It will promote encouragement and family accountability. I am so excited about this. Especially since we are doing it together. We came up with this idea as we were stuck in the cabin in the mountains.

So here is my verse. I am also memorizes along with wonderful ladies at lproof.org site. Siesta Memory Scripture Team begins so go on over if you want to participate. We memorize 2 verses a month.

"Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear." Ephesians 4:29 (ESV)

Now in the process of memorizing it is not enough to just sit as that. We want to see how we can really apply these verses to our lives to promote change. Little would I know when I picked this verse that our family has just been attacked and slandered by someone! But I am going to keep Ephesians 4:29 right in the front of my mind. There is nothing I can say to this that would be good for building up or give grace so in this case I am just going to keep my mouth shut trusting God in it.

Excited to see all that God has in store as we store up His word in our hearts. Would love to hear from you if you are doing anything similar.

1 comment:

Beth Herring said...

I love the verse you picked for your first scripture. I look forward to getting to know you!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff