Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Small Study on Prayer - Part Two

2 comments
 
“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one. So I will pour out my wrath on them and consume them with my fiery anger, bringing down on their own heads all they have done, declares the Sovereign LORD.”
~Ezekial 22:30-31

The book of Ezekial is the most interestingly strange book I have read. I love it but have a hard time understanding a lot of it. I like to read Scripture and ask God to help me understand. Sometimes His answer to me is wait. So I read it again and again and the Spirit will give me a little more understanding then a little more. It is a process.

However, this passage speaks for itself. It speaks of the utter urgency and importance of prayer. And at times He has shown me my lack of prayer and how consequences arise from that. God was searching for someone who would pray. Someone who would intercede on behalf of someone else. But He found NO ONE! That makes my heart weep. He found NO ONE!

During this process of seeing this own sin in my heart this could have very well been me. One of the NO ONES because He searched and called but I ignored it. Oh Lord, please help me not fall into this again. You see prayer changes things. It effects things. It moves things. It is important.

We must slow down in the quiet so we can really hear. We need to have stillness so we can just sit quietly before God. He wants to speak to us. He has given us an amazing book, the Bible that is poured out with His words. We need to focus on it, ponder it, meditate on it.

What suggestions do you have for practicing stillness? How do you do this?

2 comments:

Mining for Diamonds said...

I love the stillness of the middle of the night or the wee hours of the morning. :) When everyone else has gone to sleep, when the house is quiet, and it is quiet all around the city around us...those are some of my favorite times to meet with the Lord. Sometimes it means sacrificing sleep, but it is worth it.

God's girl said...

I love that too!! IN the quiet when all are asleep.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff