Monday, January 10, 2011

Memory Work Monday

2 comments
 
So excited to tell you all that I have done well on my verses from last week by the grace of God!! I do keep tripping up on my Philippians because I switched from NIV to ESV. But I will get it as I practice. :)

This week I will work on Philippians 1:7-11
 7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. 8 God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
 9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

I love how Paul prays. So much we can glean from him.

Now, since my next memory verse for SSMT is not due til 1/15 I will just keep meditating on Phil. 4:29. It has helped me greatly with the words I speak this week. I love how God's word renews our minds and has the power to change us.

Here are some verses I am writing down concerning my struggle with the need for approval. Hoping to burn them into my brain and heart as well.

15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. ~2 Timothy 2:15
(Look closely to who we are to present ourselves too) GOD! Not man. :)

4 On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:4
(Look closely at who we are to please) GOD! Not man. :)

For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends. ~2 Corinthians 10:18
(Look closely at who is the one who does the commending) God! Not man. :)

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Good Job friend - I am memorizing too - Hosea 10:12

Sow righteousness for yourselves,
reap the fruit of unfailing love,
and break up your unplowed ground;
for it is time to seek the LORD,
until he comes and showers his righteousness on you.

It's not memorized yet but I'm working on it - my other goal is to have Psalm 148 memorized completely - but I'm not rushing this - if I can have it done in the next month or so I'll be happy.

Mining for Diamonds said...

One way my hubby has memorized long passages of Scripture is by listening to audio recordings. He loves the King James (I do too, actually) and he has worn out several versions of Alexander Scourby reading it. He puts some passages with music and I find that helps the words stay with me. Hmmm...now you've given me some ideas! I need to work on this myself! I like the newer translations too but I always end up going back to KJV...I bet there are some great audio versions out there in the ESV!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff