Thursday, August 21, 2008

Malta Photos

11 comments
 
A land filled with beautiful cathedrals. There is a 98% Roman Catholic presence on the island. These churches are the most beautiful I have seen. Each township has one and they are the center of all city business. The problem is that most of them are so steeped in tradition that the building or statues they are dedicated to are more important than a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Pray that relationship will be the focus-salvation through Jesus alone. Not works but faith in Christ. I seriously could not stop weeping over the worship that goes on to things that are not Christ. I do think this church in particular had a Jesus on top which is a good thing compared to the others!
I do not know if you click on this if you can read it any better but this church and in the pic above I am pretty sure is one that is dedicated to Publius who tradition states was the first convert to Christianity on the island. That was really neat. It speaks of Paul's shipwreck too. If you read the account in Acts that is the name of a man who took Paul in.
Here is the fellowship area of the Baptist church. The last night we all had a fellowship pasta meal. These three guys are three that went from our church. There were five of us.
This is an interesting picture of the roads. They really are this narrow everywhere. Very crazy compared to what I am used to. Plus they drive on the opposite side of the road. The bus drivers were the most scary. Man, I am praising God we made it. When you can light a cigarette, make change, print a ticket, and drive all at the same time on these narrow roads I think you have arrived! :) I kept thinking of the Scripture Narrow is the road that leads to life and Wide is the road that leads to destruction. Help these precious people find the narrow road Lord.
Here are some more from Tennessee-a precious couple who made this trip their anniversary present to one another. How precious! Also, the couple in the middle are on full-time duty in Malta. Love it! They were so neat to get to know.
This is our group going into the 24/7 prayer room for the baptist church. It was such a neat room. Prayers were written on the walls and it was neat to see all the places they have been praying for around the world.
Here we are dining with a big group from Tennessee. Great conversation and food. I met a beautiful woman whom I felt like I have known for years! She is a precious mother of three.
Here is another picture of the fellowship area. The worship area is just behind. It is pretty bare bones but they seem to have all they need. They are refreshing because they are on fire and just glad to have other believers around them.
Here is a shot from the international day of prayer services. It did not come out that well. It was a great time. These people's hearts are so precious and they so desire God.
Here is a beautiful shot of the bay. Also somewhere over there is a movie studio. They filmed Count of Monti Cristo and Gladiator among others here. It is so beautiful. The whole island. Love the rich history and people. They really are hospitable like the Bible described in the days of Paul's stay.
This was in a city called M'dina-they make the M'dina glass. Beautiful stuff. But this is a picture of the Maltese cross which is a well known symbol to these people. It became well known when the knights of St John were on the island.
Here we are in one of the biggest cities, Valetta. The view here is so wonderful. You can see so much of the island. A great prayer point. There are many of the Tennessee peeps in this photo too. I think there were 18 of us in all.
This is the big white van-our transportation a lot of the time! We were treated with air-conditioned cars on rare occasion! :)
Here is the tin man-the original (so he says on his card) from the streets of Chicago, USA-There is just something strange about me and a need to take pics with these kind of figures. This girl was the other one on our trip. We had fun together. Big hair and all! :)

11 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I LOVE these pictures! :)

And I LOVE what God did through you five....Praise the Lord.

Love you
steph.

Beams of Light Ministries said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I really like the shot of the bay. It looks pretty enough to be wallpaper on my computer...perhaps it will show up in my email inbox? Please?

Thanks Angela!
Sanya

Susan Skitt said...

What a great time in the Lord and fellowship with the believers! I"m sure you were a great encouragement to them.

It's beautiful there. I'll have to go back and read about the Apostle Paul's journey there again. Thanks for showing the pictures to us. I pray that your prayer trip to this island will bring forth much fruit!

Take care my friend,
Susan

Cheri said...

What great pictures. It looks like a beautiful place!
I can't wait to see what God does with the seeds your group planted there!

Susannah said...

What an awesome trip, Angela! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to go. And I like that crazy statue of the tin man... did you day he's in Chicago? :~D

Kay Martin said...

My world is better now that you are home. It was so exciting, but you are dear to me and I prayed for your safety as well as these witnessing doors to open. I so look forward to hearing the whole story. May God bless you and your family as you refuel your batteries.

Love you so; and thank God for you.

Christina said...

Beautiful pictures. This must be an amazing place. All this history. It is amazing how God is working in these places.

Leah Adams said...

Great pics. Welcome back. I know you will have much to share over the coming months. Eager to hear what you experienced.

Leah

Anonymous said...

you people scare me with your monochrome vision of the world.

God's girl said...

Hey anonymous! Thanks for posting a comment. I wish I could hear more of your view and what it is that you believe is so monochrome that it scares you. I am so sorry for that.

If you mean being monochrome is painting the picture with the Jesus worldview then yes, you can call me that. But do not be scared. Jesus is love, God is love and His perfect love casts out all fear. There is nothing to be scared of. God desires relationship with each of us but it is our free choice to make. I won't hate on you either way and either will God. My mission is to help people to know Jesus as I know Him. If you ever want to talk about it you can email me through the contact button.
Blessings,
Angela

God's girl said...

Oh and Sanya-I will be forwarding the pic. Remind me if you don't get it soon.

Yes emom-that was in Chicago-we had a ten hours layover so we did some exploring.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff