Friday, August 8, 2008

Abundant Grace Week Five Discussion Questions

1 comments
 
Hey everyone! You are doing such a great job. I especially love this week because as we study we get to see that leadership is so important when it comes to running our nation. This is a critical time to learn from these from the past so we can be helped with our future.

I am in Malta at this time so please discuss among yourselves. The next week's will be posted next Friday as well but I will still be out of the country. I will be excited to see what your thoughts have been.


Regarding Jehoshaphat, Jehoram, Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah:

1-What were some things that made these people ordinary?

2-What were their main challenges?

3-Does it surprise you that throughout this week we saw kings that were so very different? why or why not?

4-Whose kingdom most reflects our nation in your opinion?

5-These kings were very different, but from the same blood line. Do you have an example of how your family line is very different from one generation to another?

6-Do you realize that you are on one side, either God’s or satan’s? Ever think about it that way? Why or why not?

7-Is there anything you need to do to be certain you are on God’s side?

8-Have you ever had your faith tested? How did your respond?

9-Did you think to look at a trial as a good thing? Why or why not?

10-Do you see now how trials can either draw you closer to or further from God?
Give an example of either of these instances in your life.

11-Do you see how the people responded to the leaders?
What are your thoughts about this?
Based on what we learned, how important is it to have godly leaders?

1 comment:

Beams of Light Ministries said...

I like the question asking if we ever thought about what side we are on - God's side or Satan. This is something that I think about alot - I tend to be a black and white - not too much gray kinda girl. So, when it comes to making a decision or evaluating something that I have done, I ask does this or will it please God? Does it build the Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of satan. If I cannot quickly answer the Kingdom of God, then I know that I need to step away from trying to do that thing. So, I really like that question.

Have a great time in Malta and we'll look forward to seeing your pictures!

Blessings,
Sanya

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff