Friday, August 10, 2007

Stay Tuned for the Daddy Chronicles and Other Things

13 comments
 
I have the privledge of going on a free Caribbean cruise August 12th-19th with my in-laws and 12 year old niece. My hubbie is taking off this week to stay with our girls. I ask that you pray for him and the children. Also, for me to be a light while away. I have such mixed emotions about this trip. I have never been away this long before and am finding it hard to handle. Hubbie is fully capable of handling it all but emotionally it is just a hard thing to do. So, I am asking God to help me have a good time and just relax. I want to enjoy every moment of it. I want my hubbie and kids to enjoy their time as well. I will miss them dearly! So with all that said, hubbie may write a few entries as he experiences life at home with the kids. I hope they will encourage you! It is nice to trade places from time to time. We learn to appreciate each other more deeply and make it easier to connect.

A little bit of the word:
I decided to read through the book of Proverbs little by little and digest each portion of it. Lately we have had many bouts with foolishness in our household. So, I plan to read portions of this book to the children daily and perhaps act, draw, or make up songs/stories about what we are reading so it will really stick with them. Today we started with:
1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
2 for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight;
3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair;
4 for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young-
5 let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance-
6 for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise.
7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.
Proverbs 1:1-7
Why study Proverbs? I have underlined the reasons from the passage above. As you can see there are so many benefits from studing these for people of all ages. So from time to time I will post what we are doing. Look forward to sharing! God bless!

Also, go check out my friend Micca Campbell's blog. She is a powerful speaker with P31 ministries and has just got a contract on her new book! Her first one. I am so excited for her and look forward to gleaning off her wisdom from it so I will be ready when I get a contract on mine! You will not regret checking out her blog! She is such a blessing.

13 comments:

Darla said...

I love Proverbs..when my soul seems tormented i am sure i can find what the root is if i look in that book. Isn't God so awesome to give us everything even for daily living?!
Princess Have a good time, and will pray for your safety and for you to shine! I can't imagine you not shining. :) your Princess Sister

BTW- I am looking forward to the daddy chronicles!! Hey Tony, hope those little darlings don't work that charm too much on ya! I have seen it happen at my house..mmmmmm

Faith said...

I love the book of Proverbs! Your kids are blessed to have a mama like you. Praying for your husband and kids while you are gone; enjoy your time away!! :)

Kathy said...

Enjoy your trip! I'll bet it will be a refreshing wonderful time. And your focus on Proverbs is perfect. It's my favorite book of the Bible... (along with the other 65.) I'm anxious to hear your cruise report!

Micca said...

Hey Friend, love your blog!
Thank you for adding my blog to your fav's. You're such a blessing!

I know it's only a matter of time before your book is in every book store across the U.S.
Hugs!!

ocean mommy said...

Praying that God will use you to influence your niece and in-laws on this trip.

Also praying that Tony and the girls have a blast!

Try to enjoy yourself and REST!!

love you,
steph.

Meg said...

I know you are already gone, but I pray it is a refreshing and wonderful time for you. Love, Meg

Darla said...

Hey where are the Daddy Chronicles?? I am praying for you and your family...Princess to Noble Knight? :)

Anonymous said...

It's Thursday and we still haven't heard from hubby. Do you think someone should go check on him? Maybe even give him a two hour break? Naaaa... I am sure he is doing fine. He's probably running those girls all over town and lovin' every minute of it. Tony, you should get an award. How many hubbys would let their wives go on a cruise while they stay home to hold down the fort? I hope your babies will remember this time with their daddy for the rest of their lives.
Kara

Anonymous said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time on the cruise. WOF was awesome! Next year, you'll have to come to Atlanta with your friends. :)

God's girl said...

Hey guys (or rather GALS)! I am so sorry that the Daddy Chronicles did not happen! My poor sweet hubbie had his hands extremely full this week! :) I got the verbal version on our drive back from ATL and they had so much fun. Thanks for all your prayers. I think they hit the aquarium, children's museum, and Chuck E Cheese among other things! I am so thankful to him. He is a great dad! Be posting soon!
Love you all!
Ang

Kara Akins said...

I have graduated from posting as anonymous!! I just wanted to make my first comment as a real person. Applause please... And I want to see what it looks like. Jack did it so I don't know if it will have a photo or what name it will say, etc.

Darla said...

Angela Please!!!! inquiring minds and all! For cryin out loud...we are dying to hear about your cruise, and just hear you say something! Love you princess!

ocean mommy said...

Glad to see that you're back and I can not wait to hear about the trip! I just know that God moved in someway!

Love you
steph.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff