Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bittersweet Endings and New Beginnings

8 comments
 
Well, today was it. The unavoidable comment came out. "We won't be able to see each other now til summer and that is just too long!" I fought so hard to hold back the tears. My daughters best friend is going off to elementary school while I am schooling mine at home. To make matters worse her friend is now going to another church. I never thought I was one who struggled with change but this time it was so much different. (I can barely type this through the tears.) So immediately I said, "No, we can do things in the evenings and on weekends or after school." Knowing full well that this presents its own challenges but perhaps it will be something worked out from time to time. A good friend is hard to find. One who is nice to you no matter what. One who loves you through your faults. My daughter is blessed to have her. But I know God will send others like her.

Consider your friends. Thank God for them because they are precious. And at times He takes some away but the good news is He is constant. He is dependable and He is always there.

8 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I'm crying with you! I know how you feel. Hang in there! God is there.

Anonymous said...

makes me wanna cry too.
i've been living in massachusetts for a year now... 1,000 miles away from my best friends.
one of them is on her way up now. i'll meet her in RI tomorrow for a christian women's conference, and then move her into her apartment (just a few yards from me) on saturday..... it'll be nice to have a bff up here at seminary with me. but the past year of plane rides and lonely weekends have been very very difficult!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

beautiful:-) Saw ya on LPM Blog, just thought I would say HI:)

Angie

Faith said...

Big hugs to you! That can be such an unpleasant feeling, and I imagine it's only amplified when it's for your child!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comment. I'm glad God spoke to you and pray that He really does refresh your soul as you sit at His feet and savor His beauty, compassion, and grace.

Kara Akins said...

I'm crying for KK. And I am SO thankful for you, Angela. You are a good friend who loves me no matter what - and I know how annoying I can be. I annoy myself! But somehow you've hung in there and God has managed to do some really cool stuff in the midst of it. One day we'll laugh about it... Actually, why wait? Let's start laughing now!

Thanks friend!
Kara

Kathy said...

Oh Honey! Sinus problems and now this! Please know you're being lifted up before the throne. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

OK Angela, as your pastor I not only am concerned about your child and her friend being separated, but now I wonder why she left our church. Now, I'm crying.

PK

Gina Conroy said...

I can relate! My friend and I started homeschooling together 3 years ago when our boys were going into 4th grade. Our son's met in kindergarten and were great friends. We hardly saw them though we homeschooled, then the following year she sent hers back to school and I continued to homeschool. Last year we both homeschooled and we got the boys together a lot. I also enjoyed our growing friendship.

Now she's homeschooling and mine are in school. I've already had to say no to things because my son had to do homework.

But I know things will work out (with your daughters friend also) if we (the parents) make an effort towards their friendship.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff