Friday, August 3, 2007

Boy Do We Grow Up Way too Fast!

7 comments
 


Tonight was the special kindergarten welcome party for all the upcoming kindergarteners at church. So I took my sweet K to the party and we had a blast! They had one of those big bouncy rubber slides outside for the babes to play on. Well, the problem was it rained on this slide but there was no stopping us. We were going to take advantage of the slide. So K and I ventured out and climbed to the top of Mt. Slidemore. There were really no others parents out there yet so we were the only ones to venture up. Plus, being a parent I was not sure if I should go on it or not. K really wanted me to go with her so knowing it would be much fun (for both of us!) I ventured up with her. We struggled slipping all the way because it was really wet. As we held on for dear life climbing that big set of bouncy stairs we arrived to the top. Now keep in mind this slide was wet. We bounce on top and dropped on three! WHHHHEEEEEEEEEE! This slide was unlike no other. Basically we flew so fast I was surprised we didn't launch in mid air! What had happened was this slide transformed into a vertical slip n slide! It was the fastest downward drop I think I have ever been on! When we got up we were drenched in water but it was so much fun!

Then it got me thinking that life is so short that if K wants to ride the bouncy slide with me, I want to do it. I want to take advantage of the times she does want me with her. I want to just live life. I lived so many years sick and unable to do this with my babies that now I can I want to just live to the fullest. After a bit of time I think most all of the other parents came out. I think I was the only one that continued down the slide. I almost stopped because of the others around but that would not have been right. I was almost worried about what others thought or not being sophisticated enough or whatever. But sometimes we need to loosen up a little and just enjoy life. To just enjoy the moments of joy and opportunity to just have fun with our children. There is so much time I spend disciplining that I have come to just enjoy the fun moments. So I challenge you to just live and enjoy your children. Also, I would like to know what was the craziest thing you have done with your children? Oh and this post is dedicated to Kara who gave me the idea to blog about this! :)

7 comments:

Darla said...

Life is so very short, and most of all it is a gift from God! I believe HE laughs and I believe we are supposed to as well. how will our children know that we created in HIS image, or want HIS freedom if we don't excerise the freedom we have in HIM! I love amusement parks, and my children have reached the age where we can share in it...Some very crazy rides..but the excitement and thrill is still part of the gift of life from our Creator..You rock! Go down as many slides as you want with that precious little girl!

Anonymous said...

Angela,
I am so new to the blogging world and to already have a blog dedicated to me! It is just too much. But I accept the dedication! All I have to say, as I said before, YOU ARE THE BEST MOM! How many mothers would slide down a bouncy slide? No, WAIT! How many mothers would slide down a WET bouncy sldie? You get the crown girl and I dedicate you "Mom of the Day"!
Love you,
Kara
P.S... Thanks for the coffee... I mean the meisto:venti,non-fat, extra hot, two packets of equal with foam and only one-third mild coffee and the rest skim milk...thanks for that drink! You're a true friend.

Anonymous said...

Angela,
I was SO taken with the dedication that I forgot to post the craziest thing I have ever done with my chidren. Let me think...think, think, think... I took them to Wal-Mart in their PJ's. They were having a slumber party and I made them pile in the car in their PJ's. It was fun. I also kidnapped them from school and took them for a fun day. And the craziest thing... It was pet day at school and my daughter didn't have a pet to show her class so I ran to the pound and picked up a kitten and surprised her at school. That was crazy b/c my hubby didn't want a cat. I waited to ask him if I could AFTER kitten was secure in our five year olds arms. Shameful I know. Things mothers do for their babies.

Kara

Leah Adams said...

Good for you!! I'm envious. The slide sounds very fun and I think we adults should loosen up some and just have fun occasionally without worrying whether it is proper or how we look!! Your post just blessed me so much. Thanks for visiting my blog. Keep up the good blogging, dear one. I'm enjoying your blog so much.

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

Meg said...

I think the crazy tornado water slide we went on at King's Dominion a couple weeks ago was the craziest thing! We often act silly...all of us (including Daddy!) which is really fun. Time is just flying by...we do need to enjoy these moments! The time that they want to spend with us now will be over all too soon! Glad you had a good weekend. Meg

Kathy said...

Good for you! You could have easily said, "No, it's raining" or "no, we'll get our pants wet" but you didn't--you seized the day and have a wonderful memory because of it!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I love being crazy with my kids. My mom would never do anything like that with us, but I vowed that I would. Here is a link to something I did in January: http://www.jodiyork.com/2007/01/11/love-is-10/.

It was pretty fun in the privacy of our home, but it ventured over into "crazy" when I posted those pictures on my blog! HA!!!

Glad you had fun on the slide! Great post!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff