Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dental chair confessions

6 comments
 
It was the most wonderful day of our lives. We finally had the baby we prayed for. She was finally here to hold and love on. With this new life change I was minus a job that provided insurance. My husband carried medical but dental was missing now. Year after year passed with no visits to the dentist after that. I made excuses about not going until it was so long that I feared going. There was a fear of chastisement from the "professionals." I knew it was not a good thing to miss the dental appointments for 6 years. I do know that the human mouth is filled with bacteria-I was grossed out by the confession I had to make of not making it back for 6 years. But when I arrived I was greeted with love. I was gently worked on and reassured that I was okay, at least I was back. I was also sent away with many goodies for me and my children. Then it hit me, this is kind of like what happens with people and church. For some reason they may stop going. Year after year goes by until finally they are embarrassed it has been so long and afraid of chastisement of others in the church. Let us be sure to greet those people the same way we would the weekly (or bi-tri-weekly) visitors with the same love. Let's help them to know they are wanted there and make them want to come back.

I did have two cavities and I am good with going back like the decay we have in our lives when we do not take care of it spiritually. Let's welcome everyone with open arms so they are free to work through their own decay and become whole. I saw Jesus in the dental chair a place I least expected it. Let's show people Jesus in church, a place where it is expected.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, only two... I figured you at least had 6 or 7 :)

ocean mommy said...

That was an awesome post girl! So true. We should be loving them back into a healthy spiritual place, not pointing out all the work they need to do!

So good!

love you
steph.

Amy said...

Thanks, Angela, for always BEING REAL!

Love you,
Amy

Kathy said...

That was awesome! Such an apt comparison.

Kathy said...

Good insight. I think you're right about dentists and churches... sounds weird at first glance, doesn't it? We need to be less judgmental and more loving. thanks for sharing.

Leah Adams said...

What a great analogy!! My husband is a dentist and I had never thought of that analogy. The only confessions I have about the dental chair is that I hate it (even if it is my husband). Everyone says that he is an awesome dentist when you have to have major work, but I don't want to test out the recommendations. Thanks for the reminder to love on those who have slipped away.

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff