Monday, August 27, 2007

Marriage Monday-Why Him?

5 comments
 

Christine for our marriage Monday challenge poses these questions this week-"Why him? Why your husband? What was it about him that drew you in? Let's reminisce about those first butterflies and share what about our husbands makes them unique." Go over to her blog to see what others are saying.

I had just turned 16 and was granted the privilege of my driver's license. I also was given a car for my 16th birthday. It was an older, used car but it was a car. I felt like I sprouted wings. This new freedom was an exciting thing. Being one of the first of my friends to have a car, I was elected to be the driver to many places we desired to go. My best friend at the time was dating my husbands best friend at the time so they decided to set us up on a blind date. He was 17 and went to a different high school but I had a car now so perhaps it could work. After talking on the phone for about a week we finally were set up to meet in person. It cracks me up that I was going through with this "blind date." After all there were many perfectly suitable guys at my own high school that I had seen before so why chance this "blind date?" But out of loyalty for my friend I went. We met at a McDonald's parking lot and went off to our destination which I cannot remember now where it was. But I do remember really liking Tony. He was a really neat guy. Though we were both SUPER immature and had many challenges ahead of us I can see now why God has us together now.

I have now known my husband for half of my life! That is so funny for me to say. We have been through so much and have grown up together. I just look back over the years and think of how wrong we have done things but what we meant for evil God meant for good. He now has me paired with my best friend. We compliment each other perfectly. Where I am weak, He is strong and vice versus. I am so thankful for my husband who is my protector, provider, and best friend. He is a great example of Christ to me and I love him so much and thank God for him all the time. God does give great gifts!

5 comments:

lori said...

half of your life...how wonderful to know that what God has bound together will work for HIS good...
you sound blessed and when we look back it often becomes so clear how GOD was using those trials!!
you blessed me today!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it crazy to think we have known our husband for half of our lifetime? And to still love them so deeply, more than ever, that is truly amazing, a gift of God. It's been wonderfully encouraging to read everyone's stories today. Thank you for sharing!
Jen

ocean mommy said...

Such a neat testimony. It's funny to me that you and Tony started dating in high school too. Sounds very similar to Chad and I.

Love you and pray you're feeling better soon!
steph.

Christine said...

So cute! Highschool sweethearts...

Awwwwww!

My hubby and I have known each other almost half our lives too. Amazing to think about, isn't it?

Tami said...

Amen, sister!! Praising God with you for His wonderful gift.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff