Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Remind Me to Float

2 comments
 
Have you ever been in the deep end of the pool, overestimating your strength then realize the length you have to go is much farther than you estimated? You can respond in several ways.

1-You can freak out and kick quickly wearing yourself out which makes things much worse.
2-You can cry and feel sorry for yourself and just give up, causing you to go under and drown.
3-You can decide that the situation is what it is and let go and just float. Eventually you will regain strength or maybe even coast over to the side in time.

These are the three choices I have been wavering with on our new journey. Unfortunately I am going under way more than I would like to admit. God is calling me to surrender and float. He has me under His wings, however again and again I try to do this in my strength. I try to make things look the way I want them. I want control and comfort. Yet really it is an illusion. I have no control of this situation just as it started. Sure I could have said no, but the Spirits conviction made it clear that in doing so would be sin. So I have to make the right choice, float.

Please excuse me for a while. Please pray for us. I will not be who I was, I hope this is a good thing but when you see me going under please remind me to float. Please don't let my raw honesty repel you. This is truth in life. We need it. We need to be vulnerable and honest in order to grow with one another. We need to encourage one another and be honest without fear. Christ was not afraid of raw honesty. In fact He is the only reason I am safe to be this way. He knows. He is acquainted with our every grief. He went to the cross for it. David poured out this type of honesty in prayers all through the Psalms.

So as you pray for me to let go and float, let me do the same for you. Where do you need prayer now? Where do you need to learn just to float?

LORD, my heart is not proud;
      my eyes are not haughty.
   I don’t concern myself with matters too great
      or too awesome for me to grasp.
  Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself,
      like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk.
      Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
  O Israel, put your hope in the LORD—
      now and always. ~Psalm 131

2 comments:

mimmyto3 said...

Angela,
Thanks for being so honest. I, too, need to be reminded ever so often that I just need to let go and float. I know that God is sovereign over all situations, but so often I just want to grab hold and shake someone and say this is how it should be. It is refreshing to see your honesty, I so desire to be so honest. I have lately really been struggling, and this blog has so shaken me, that I say a big thanks. Praying for you.

Unknown said...

Angela, My prayers are with you. Float in His arms, child of God. But don't forget to BREATHE!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff