Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Pinterest and a Yummy Creation gluten and dairy free

0 comments
 
This is a try I found which I really like. My daughter with sensory food issues would not try it because she saw me prepare it and had an issue with it being coated in Corn Flakes. However, it was really good. Here is a pic of mine.
Of course my camera is not as good as the professionals but I really liked this and it was not too terrible to make seeing how I will remind you that I do not like cooking. These are also gluten and dairy free.



I wanted a side to pair with it so here is my new try. It was really yummy and gluten and dairy free.
This is squash casserole. Many of the recipes I found required a cream of chicken soup or sour cream. However I did not want that in mine.

This is the recipe.
1 and 1/2 green squash
Half of an onion
12 gluten free crackers
1/2 cup milk (use the dairy free kind) beaten with one egg
1/2 cup grated cheese. I used the dairy free shredded.
1/2 cup of rice (added a mixture of brown and white)
Salt and pepper as desired
Butter melted. The butter is optional.

I started by cutting the squash up in small pieces along with the onion and steamed them for 20 minutes.

Also while you are doing that you can cook the rice you will add. I do mine in the microwave.

Then when rice and squash/onions are done put them in casserole dish and mix in 6 crackers, milk with egg mixture, and cheese.

Crumble the remaining crackers on top. I melted some butter and poured on top of the crackers.

Bake at 350 for an hour.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff