Thursday, January 26, 2012

Adoption - Not Completely

2 comments
 
This journey is so incredibly hard. I am hearing and seeing things about life that this precious baby boy has been through and it is emotionally unbearable. I cannot put this suffering in another box like I could all the cases I had in social work. This is more real because I am making it part of my home. I cannot just get up and leave work. It is now a part of my 24/7 life. Emotionally this is too much to bear yet my Savior has taken it all on the cross for baby boy and for me. So hard to imagine. Just this piece of it that I cannot bear is only a small part Christ Himself bore on the cross.

I think of adoption, sometimes I just wish we could fully adopt him and keep him from that life forever. Yet we want his family to have a chance. We know our God is the God of redemption and if it is possible we want to see it happen. Yet we love this guy like crazy and the thought of giving him up one day is also unbearable.

However, we are reminded that even the biological children we are given are not our own. They really belong to God first. He has a plan for each of their lives. We must remember this and never hold on to any of them too tightly. We are charged to guard, protect, and train them in the instruction of the Lord but there is a time we are to let them go. We are never guaranteed a certain number of days. We must cherish each one we get with them. They are God's children and one day hopefully our friend.

This journey is teaching us a lot. We are better for being on it. It requires a lot of trust and prayer but that is how life is anyway, right? Christ does equip us for whatever He calls us to. So we will walk in that.

2 comments:

Mystic_Mom said...

Hugs, love and prayers...

c said...

I have been there with this statement - "This journey is so incredibly hard. I am hearing and seeing things about life that this precious baby boy has been through and it is emotionally unbearable."

Our daughter was 5 when she came to us and we traveled a pitch black road and often thought your sentiments. I can tell you through my testimony that God is bigger and brighter than any problems you may have with the boy. God is amazing and faithful! I've traveled your road and been blessed with a wonderful daughter. God has a plan and a purpose for you, your husband, your daughters, and your son.

Draw closer to God - pray more, read more, and sit quietly before Him. He's working on your family and is doing something amazing for His glory!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff