Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Real Deal!

5 comments
 

What I ended up doing today was spending three hours in the beauty salon! I am not joking. I wrote a post about being the big hair freak earlier that explains it. So, today in an effort to shed some of that big hair, I cut a bunch of it off. This is me under the dryer! I was trying to pass time and took my picture. I hope to post a good pic of me on here one day but that is hard to come by! Plus, looking at this I am noticing a few chins! So, just for fun and humility's sake here I am all colored up, make up free (mostly), and before the brow waxing.

Seriously though, a beauty salon can be such a tempting place to gossip. Especially since half of my church goes to my hairdresser. But this experience could not be further from that. We have church up in there! Mary is a woman who loves the Lord and follows after Him. We talk about what God is doing in our lives and share how we have seen God since the last visit. I just love it. It fills me up and makes me want to serve Him more. So not only is she helpful for beautifying my outside person but I get a two for one deal of my inside person too! Please pray for her, she has some health issues but you can never see it.

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen"
(Ephesians 4:29).

5 comments:

AbbyLane said...

what is that about the beauty salon and gossiping!! we girls are just silly! sometimes i think it's just because the hair dresser is the last person you want to spill your heart to (unless you really know them) so you end up talking about really surfac-y things, that normally include other people's lives because you don't really want to talk about yours!

cute hair cut!

inspired said...

yes words are powerful.
i think it was the psalmist who prayed .."Lord set a seal upon my lips." ;]

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Because of your ability to have "fun and humility" in sharing your photo, I think you look ....maaaaahvelous!!

Susan Skitt said...

Hey girl, isn't it fun to have a "spa day" and get all fixed up? Love it!

I had a friend once say to me that someone should sponser me to go get my hair done, now listen to this, because it seems most every time I sit in that chair (for forever because I've been covering that gray coming in), the Lord opens the door to witness... now how's that for being a missionary... I'm a salon missionary - LOL!

Kate said...

I always did want to meet Mary and have her cut my hair. Alas...

I bet you look great!

Kate

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff