Friday, October 12, 2007

Discipleship Award

7 comments
 
The Mathetes Award originated at management by God. Mathetes is a Greek word meaning “disciple” and is given to those seen as “acting in the role of a disciple of God.”

I have been awarded this from Kathy at Sumballo which is a high honor because she disciples me in a huge way through her posts. This means so much to me because all I want my life to be is an example of Christ to others. Discipleship is so very important to me. Not only is it what Christ calls us to do in making disciples, but I do really see it as my life's mission. Most of you wonderful siesta's out there see your lives as this too. Your relationships have blessed me so much. I see all of you as disciples to me in one way or another. However, this award is only to go to five people.

So these are the five I am awarding this to:
Amy at Adore, Amplify, Admire
Although Amy has not had much time for blogging lately, keep watching them because she has much insight and wisdom to bring to the table. I am honored in serving with her in women's ministry at our church. I am blessed by her. I hope to see her blogging more soon as God allows.

Susan at Adventurous Living
Although I just found her blog a few weeks ago, she rights with great insight. I just enjoy her writing. She has come along side me to be a wonderful encourager by going out of the way to reach out. She is a blessing.

Stephanie at Notes from the Soul.
Stephanie will always be an encouragement to me. She is probably the most humble woman I know. She is an excellent song writer and worshiper of God. She is full of wisdom and insight. She always knows how to encourage and uplift in the Lord. I have been honored to serve alongside her building our women's ministry at our church. I loved laboring alongside her. She is a joy.

Kate at Small Scribbles.
I have also had the pleasure to labor alongside Kate. She is such a blessing to me. I am so encouraged by her writings as well. She always makes me want to be a better mom.

Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.
Lynn is living a life that I once lived. I was once also married to an unbeliever. She lives the life with such grace. She is such an encouragement to others in this hard life situation. She can still praise God for where she is and that is a huge encouragement. She encourages me to love.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, I am undone. Your kindness has made my week... month. I am honored and give it all to our Jesus.

I am also humbled to be mentioned along with these other women here.

Thank you for thinking of me. I am so encouraged by you and the life you are living for our King. Thank you.... Thank you..... Thank you.... Love and hugs, Lynn

ocean mommy said...

Girl, you encourage me so. Love you!

steph.

Susannah said...

Congratulations! And thanks for sharing your vision. This is wonderful: Not only is it what Christ calls us to do in making disciples, but I do really see it as my life's mission.

I know Lynn (a true bloggity blessing), but not the others. I'm off to explore!

Hugs, e-Mom

Cheri said...

Congrats- you truly deserve this award!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie said...

Hi Angela, :)

I am so glad you stopped by my blog, thank you for the kind words and encouragement you left me!

I am also exited to see your award winners! I have to say..I know two of these woman, Lynn and Susan. They definitely deserve this award as well as your blog. What a precious ministry you have with your husband, and what a "gorgeous" couple you are.

I look forward to coming again and experiencing a refreshing from Christ's Word in you!

Bless you,
Laurie
www.1diamondintherough.blogspot.com

Susan Skitt said...

Congrads to you Angela! How wonderful! And how sweet of you to pass the award on to me. Thank you very much!

I just recieved this award from Pen of Jen this last week. Wow, what a double blessing. In fact, you were on my list to give it to!!!!!! Oh well, if you don't mind, I think I'll name you again because I want others to know about your wonderful site! (You won't have to give out any more awards with it though.)

Can't wait to view the other sites you've named. I've bookmarked them for when I have more time.

Have a great rest of the weekend... it's been busy around here the last few days :) You know the drill... (smile)

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff