Friday, October 19, 2007

Live a Life of Love

4 comments
 

Live a Life of Love

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God”
(Ephesians 5:1-2).


I was at Hallmark today and I found a bracelet that I really wanted to buy. It had a simple message. There was a silver piece that had love 24/7 engraved on it. God has been teaching me so much about love this past year. I know I do not love the way I need to. I need a reminder. I to well aware of my internal faults to judge, criticize, and even turn my noise away from others.

But the spirit of the living God is inside of me. He will not let me live a life that is characterized by unloving character. I have the best model to follow to get this right and that is in Christ Jesus Himself. He lived a perfect life of love. I too can live the same life as I follow Him.

God’s word says in the end people will become cold and unloving. I see this all over the place. But God has called us as Christians to live a life that is different. We are not called to be like the world. We are to live in it but not be of it.

Christ gave everything up for us because of His great love for us even to the point of His very life. We will never know fully how much that cost Him until we get to Heaven. His life, death, and resurrection are the perfect example of a life of love.

I am so selfish so much of the time, wanting my own way. I think about me way too much. Right here and now I am tired of that. I want to only live a life that glorifies God. A life that is a powerful example of Christ. When I come to my end of days I want others to remember me as someone who followed Christ without compromise. Someone who learned how to love not conveniently but sacrificially. Someone who loved well.

Father, forgive me for not loving the way I should. I give you my heart, my very life. Lord, move in me to bring glory to You in all things. Please make me less and make You more. I want people to see You as I disappear. Give me a passion for selfless living. Thank You for Your sacrifice which is everything to me. In Jesus Name. Amen.

4 comments:

Thoughts of a Mom said...

Thank you, I needed that today.

Cheri said...

Angela,
I am guilty of being selfish and thinking of myself first. It always needs to be my first priority to be aware that others are looking at me knowing I'm a Christian and am I being a good example. What a great reminder to me!

ocean mommy said...

That is a wonderful post. So true and what a challenge!!

Love you!
steph.

p.s. I'm headed to hallmark to find that braclet!!!

Susan Skitt said...

Angela, you do show the love of Jesus... you are such an encouragement to so many. Have a great weekend my friend.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff