Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Big Hair Freak

3 comments
 


When I go to get my hair done it takes 3 hours, yes I said 3 hours. It is unreal to me but when I entered the world of highlights that is the amount of time it takes. Now, not that I don't feel like enough of a freak sitting there with those crazy foil papers all over my head for the whole world to see with frizzy hair popping up all around them, but appparently I have the worlds thickest head of hair. Every place I go each hair dresser comments on this. I guess that explains why my hair appoointments last so long!

The last time I was at the salon, I had two people working on my hair at one time. To the public it may seem that I am some VIP. I get the service of two so I must be important. I get all the attention in the salon. Many are told to come by and feel my hair. They are asked, "Seriously, have you ever seen so much hair on one person?" The comments go on and on. I know they mean well but really it makes me feel like a hair freak. I am a person who does not like to draw attention to myself and each visit does the opposite of my desire. I guess atleast it makes for an interesting day in the salon.

When I was younger I had a vain prayer for lots of hair. God really answered that vain prayer. I love it. When I was just a little kid that meant so much to me and He gave me that good gift since "every good and perfect gift comes from above" (James 1:17). Little did I know what it would mean for me today. But I wouldn't change it. "God made me fearfully and wonderfully-I know that full well" (Psalm 139).

3 comments:

Kate said...

This is so funny. I can just picture you with foil papers sticking out every which way!

Kate

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm sorry that they all make a million different comments! If it means anything, I really like your hair. I've always had really thin fine hair, so thick hair would be wonderful! I guess that goes with the saying "the grass is always greener on the other side"

ocean mommy said...

Big Hair!!! Beth Moore would be so proud. :) That just cracked me up.
Love you
steph.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff