Sunday, June 3, 2007

A Big Girl's Slumber Party

3 comments
 

I had an exciting weekend. The "big" girls got together and had a slumber party! It was like a family reunion of sorts. It was being reunited with those who have been called away. Three wonderful families have been called away from our church recently. Two of us from Chatt-town got to venture out to the big ATL to visit with them. We had such a great time! I think this weekend would have worn any man out. I remember hearing somewhere that men only have a certain number of words a day. Women however far exceed men in their word limit. This was so true this weekend. Our different personalities and stages of life are all different and unique but the common bond we hold is Christ. That is where true friendship is built.

The weekend started out like this.
Friday
1:00pm I pick up Haley for our 2 hour drive which turns into about 3 hours thanks to the infamous ATL traffic. We talk the entire way.
4ish We arrive at Stephanie's home. We continue talking.
7ish Ron and Pam arrive more talking-really the talking never stopped.
8ish Kate arrives with her crew. Talk, talk, talk. Kate's crew leaves. More talking.
Saturday
2:00am bedtime.
3:00am real bedtime because talking kept going on.
7:00am wake up-still talking.
Get my drift here? All we needed was each other and to visit and share. Really all we did was fellowship and share our lives. That is the best thing to do when sisters get together.
1:30pm plan to leave
2:30pm actual leave time because we were not done talking.
2:30-6:00pm more talking in the car. Drop Haley off.
6:10pm arrive home-more talking with kids and daddy.

It was interesting because sharing our lives with each other through communication is such an important thing for women. We needed this so badly. I wonder if I stored up so many words because I miss that sweet fellowship of hanging with just the girls. Most days my words get stored up while I take care of the children, clean the house, and go about my day to day activity. They don't get an outlet. There are way too many to dump on my dear husband at the end of the day. So they just get stored up. This weekend is what we all needed. I was so blessed by it. The funny thing is when I told Tony about the great time we had he wondered what we did. When I told him we just talked, ate, and most importantly drank coffee. He was puzzled. He said what did you talk about for all that time? And my only answer was, I don't even know. Just life. There is no possible way to explain it. It was refreshing and I came back renewed. That is all that really matters. Thanks Steph for having us and your great hospitality!

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I think we could have talked for another 3 hours if we'd had the chance!!! I loved having you all here. It was wonderful.

Kate said...

I love this post. I told Paul some of the things that I had shared with you. He asked me, "Did anyone else get a word in edgewise?"

He has no idea!

I am so glad that I got the chance to see you!

Kate

ocean mommy said...

By the way, I love the new look of your blog.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff