Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Ebenezer

2 comments
 

I am reading a wonderful book by Henry Blackaby called, "Chosen to be God's Prophet-Lessons from the Life of Samuel." It is such a good book and is speaking directly to me where I am in my walk with the Lord right now.

In 1 Samuel 7:12 it states, "Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far has the LORD helped us." Samuel was setting up a stone as a reminder of what the Lord had done for them. We need those reminders along the way so we do not forget the things the Lord has done in our lives. What reminders are we keeping for ourselves and our children to see?

I wanted to just post a blog as a sort of Ebenezer(which means stone of help) in my life. 2 years ago this month God showed Himself to me as Jehovah Rophe. That is as the God who heals you. I battled a seven year struggle with chronic Lyme disease. As anyone out there who has seen illness knows this can be such a devastating illness. This trial was the hardest trial of my life. I was not able to take care of myself. I was forced to lean to depend on God for everything. All through the battle and the questions God was faithful. I am so full of joy that He touched me in such a personal way to bring complete healing into my life. It was nothing I deserved but He delighted in doing it. May He get all the glory for His wonderful kindness and love. I praise Him!

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Hey girl, you know that is one of my favorite things in the word. I love the "Ebenezer" reference and have it have it written on a stone. There is an old hymn (Come Thou Fount) that says in the 3rd or 4th verse "Here I raise my Ebenzer" and every time I hear it, I think of all those stones of rememberance. All the times God has delivered, healed, supplied, forgiven.... the list goes on and on! By the way, I think Kara posted on the LPM Blog. I just read it and wept. God has brought her to my mind every day this week to pray for! So to read that was just powerful. Love you and thank God for your "sistership"!!

Meg said...

Here I raise my Ebenezer, hither by thy help I've come. I love that line from Come Thou Fount. I have been trying this past year to make it a year of remembrance...Remember what the Lord has done. I have started journalling more and also started blogging as a way to REMEMBER HIM! Praise Him for His healing touch on your life. Seven years is a long struggle. Thanks for the encouraging words.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff