Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Walmart Saga continues....

10 comments
 

What is it with WalMart anyway? I knew going in that it would be tough but we had too. We needed medication and unfortunately the place does not have a drive thru. Since this was a small trip I put my youngest in the stroller and off we went.

We arrived and what is the first thing we see? Mama can we ride on that? What is this an amusement park or something, I do not have a dollar to put in this ride besides you are in the stroller! I will just up it a notch. It will be just like that ride. Never a good enough answer. I NEVER let them ride those things. You think they would stop asking.

Waiting for the medicine to be mixed and signing for my insurance I turn to see my oldest whipping my youngest around in the stroller. It looked pretty dangerous. People probably were wondering where is their mother. I wanted to hide. That is the last thing I need right now, people thinking oh yeah it is one of those homeschooling moms! Why do we stereotype anyway?

After the medicine pick up I needed to get bread which was a mile on the other side of the store. Oh no-we had to pass those dreaded Halloween costumes! Like a dart out of my hand my stroller bound child darted straight to the Tinker bell outfit. As I gather her, my other one is begging for a different princess dress of sorts. I try to convince them that these will go on sale after Halloween but that does not satisfy.

We got moving and since we would make a pass by the movie section I thought that searching for a movie they liked would be a good idea. We had a birthday gift card so I thought, this may be a good gift for them. I would love to delight them. Unfortunately there was a fight over what movie. Then a fight over who got to carry the movie. Then a stack of knocked over gift cards. Then the movies would not go back into their holders. What is the deal with this day?

Off to the bread. For some reason everyone wanted bread today creating a congested isle. I wonder if there is rumor of storms? However I was able to maneuver around and grab some. Now I could see the end of this--The registers.

We had four items. That qualified us for the ten items or less isle. Could it be? No waiting. Made it straight through. Off we went. Then I realized. I was not charged for the movie. Are you kidding me? I head back and wait in line this time. I try to explain I want to pay because I was not charged. Why is this so hard to understand these days? This has happened more times to me than I can count. So I get that look. I say I just want to make it right. I wait for the cashier to understand. I pay.

Finally we are out of this place. Never would be soon enough for me to return there again. Unfortunately I am sure the scene will repeat again next week. Just different stuff and a different time. But I do believe it is some sort of endurance training! I cannot be for nothing!

10 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Bless your sweet heart! Don't those days just get you? Persevere dear one, persevere!! You never know who might have been watching you and what impact you might have made on them for Jesus! Those days simply must have a reason or Jesus wouldn't let them happen!

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

Little Steps Of Faith said...

From someone that works there overnight, and worked there in grocery alone until 4:30am....I completely feel your pain.

Kari said...

"Why is this so hard to understand these days? This has happened more times to me than I can count. So I get that look. "

I always get "the look" too. Is this really so hard a concept to grasp these days? I'm not exactly ancient (despite what my kids think) andjavascript:void(0) this just seemed to be expected when I was growing up. Maybe not... Maybe it was just a value in my family.

I really enjoy your blog!

~Kari

ocean mommy said...

You need to create a whole section just for Wal-Mart Adventures!!! I love it when you post about these trips, it just cracks me up. :)

steph.

Cheri said...

You had me laughing out loud- I love the line about homeschooling. People really do have misconceived ideas about that!
Does it help to know you're not alone? I think every mom out there has had more experiences like that than we'd like to admit to!
Cheri

Kara Akins said...

I love Wal-mart. I love it for all the "stories and laughter" it has produced.

Kara

Susan Skitt said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I remember those days... and I still have them with my six-year-old! Deep breath dear Momma, this personal training thing is hard, isn't it? I'm glad God gives us rest breaks inbetween or I'd be plumb tuckered out!

Susannah said...

"Endurance training," lol. Nice to meet you.

You might be interested to know that Marriage Monday has a new home. If you're planning to share your marriage wisdom this week (open topic) I'd love to have you link up at Chrysalis.

Blessings, e-Mom

Anonymous said...

shopping anywhere with small children is always an effort..and people really do not get it when we insist that we don't rip any one off, and want to be honest...maybe that is where we become the "odd peculiar people" that Paul spoke of...you are doing wonderful!!! Keep up the good work!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I loved this. I have so been there. Errands are quite "interesting" when running them with little ones :)

I too have returned to a store to pay for something, only to be stared at with a strange look. BUT, what a great example for your children!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff