Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Can Anyone Relate?

11 comments
 
It is inevitable. Bless her heart she will probably be like me. The moment has to come. Yes honey we do have to comb your hair. Yes it really does need to be combed. Because honey it will get all ratted up if we don't do it. Honey, I will try really hard not to hurt you. The longer we wait the more tangles you seem to get. The drama spins forth.

I think my child must have the most sensitive scalp of all time. I start spraying that de-tangling stuff (is it really water or something--it really does not help at all) on her head. Yes, her head is already sopping wet from the bath (which yes I did condition) but still. I guess it helps psych her up.

While I am gently getting those tangles out and the whiny starts up. My hubby comes in and starts telling me about something but I cannot concentrate. I hate to see my baby in pain. So I nod and keep gently dragging through this hair. Then my other child pops in to see what is going on.

My youngest decides it is a good time to jump up to me and shout-You wanna piece of me? huh? huh? huh? With intensity and crescendo. Where ever did she hear this anyway? She keeps it up. We have a laugh. But the laugh is not enough. She then starts head bunting my leg.

Laughter does help and is a good medicine. We needed some laughs to get through the hair event! Plus I think I found the missing link (which really is not missing at all)--If evolution were really true then I would have not been stuck with two arms. I would have two for the hair, one for the spray stuff, one to block the head bunt and another to give hugs, and one more to assure my husband I am with him in the midst of it all.

But like every other mom I have only two hands, two ears, one mind, and one mouth. Made wonderfully the way God wanted it. The way that would remind us to lean into Him.

11 comments:

Cheri said...

I totally hear you with the hair snarls. That's exactly why I ended up cutting Halle's hair- we've had blissful mornings the past 2 days!
I love your reasoning on
evolution- next time I hear people talking about it I'll have a great come-back!!

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Girl, that was totally me, my mom has pictures.

I hold onto childrens hair in a big strand and slowly brush through, not at all how my mom DID:) LOL.

Sorry it got so hairy for you:)

Diana Simpson said...

were you at my house tonight? cause i had that same thing happen here... so funny

Kate said...

"You want a piece of me?" How funny. I laughed out loud when I got to that. Why didn't God make us moms into octopi, I wonder?

Kate

Susan Skitt said...

Great post. I was the little screaming girl with a sensitive head growing up! LOL! My mom loves to tell the stories...

Oh my, your little one, "You want a piece of me..." Too funny.

Yes, being a mom is one of God's great adventures!

Anonymous said...

I say almost daily how cruel it is that my most tender-headed child is the one with the head of thick, curly hair. I am so thankful that she is old enough to brush it on her own now. Boy have we had some battles. The thing that I could never understand is how she never screamed when someone else brushed it. Put her in the chair at the salon and she was the perfect angel. Still, I praise God for my little drama queen.

Meg said...

I can relate to that! Owwwwww...that hurts, Mommy. Sometimes, I just want to shave their little heads! He can be glorified even in the little things and how we respond to them, can't He?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. We have a screamer too. Her little brother yells "Hurts!" when I comb his hair now too. But not because it is painful to him. Nope, he thinks that's what he's supposed to do since seeing his big sister do it every.single.time!

Tam said...

Fun story! "you wanna piece of me?" Classic!

I used to brush my daughters hair while the conditioner was still in it. It helped a ton!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Glad I stopped by. I enjoyed reading your last few posts - they encouraged me!

Brushing little girls hair - always a challenge! I think I could use about 8 hands too!

ocean mommy said...

That is so funny. Especially since your youngest asked me that same thing on Thursday!!!

love you1
steph.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff