Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Life in the Ministry

6 comments
 
I just wanted to update you all on what has been going on. Life has been crazy this week because we have a sick child and in the midst of it commitments and life still have to go on. It is the hardest thing having a sick child. I just want to hold them the entire time in my arms knowing full and well that I am risking getting sick myself. But every minute of it is worth it. Love is life in the ministry. Caring for others is life in the ministry. Investing in lives is life in the ministry.

I have recently finished a book by Henry Blackaby called, Chosen to be God's Prophet-Life Lessons from Samuel and in the book it talked about David and how Samuel anointed him king eleven years before he actually took the position. After that David faithfully returned to tending his sheep. So at that point I surrendered this writing venture to the Lord as something that God will open up at the appointed time. There is nothing I can do except be obedient to His next step but in the meantime I need to faithfully tend my "sheep." My main ministry focus is always to be my family. Whatever else God adds to that is a blessing. So I was minding my business happily tending my sheep again and I get the email.

One of the publishers I met with who took my manuscript requested more information. That is always exciting. I do not know what that means at this time but it just goes to show me that at any moment God will open up the doors He desires us to walk through and we are required to be faithful and ready. I was asking a friend in the publishing ministry about what his thoughts were about this and what I could do to my proposal to make it the best it can be. His response was that his philosophy for ministry is not about looking at the best proposals necessarily but meeting God where He is and jumping in with what He has given them to publish. God can use whomever, whenever. I needed to hear that advice. I do hope this encourages any of you out there who are in the wait and in the trenches of ministry.

6 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I am so excited for you and can not wait to buy your first book! :) (Will you sign it for me?!)

Love you and thank God for you!
steph.

Cheri said...

Wow- how exciting- I'm sure your transcript is excellent and would be a great book! Hope your kids are all feeling better too.
Cheri

Kate said...

How exciting! But even more so are the lessons that you listed before the news of the e-mail.

Keep us posted.

Kate

Anonymous said...

I'm with Stephanie! How exciting! And on the homefront...hope your kids are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just learning about your writing. Where can I read more about this adventure???
Have a blessed day. Love and hugs!

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

I am waiting to hear back from a publisher I met with at the conference, as well. What kinds of things did they want from you in addition to what you gave them? I think my proposal did not contain enough info, now that I look back at it. So I think its wonderful they contacted you for more info!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff