Wednesday, September 5, 2007

TGIO

6 comments
 
Have you every had one of those days!? Those TGIO(Thank God its over) days? Well today was one of those days! My day consisted of enduring much arguing to which I reply, "Do everything without arguing or complaining so you will shine like stars in the universe." Are you shining? I just wish I had a tape recorder to just hit play for the hundredth time I had to say it. Really I am sure the tape would have just worn itself out so I would have to voice it anyway.

Next top repeated phrase of the day. After much sibling rivalry and selfishness I replied, "Do good and share for this is a pleasing sacrifice unto the Lord." Are you doing good and sharing?

Next top phrase of the day. After much disobedience I replied, "Children obey your parents for this is right in the Lord!" Probably the one I am MOST passionate about right now.

Now I suppose with a tape recorder after each repeated phrase I could not get the increasing volume and emotion into it but really......cannot mama throw a fit too? What would that look like exactly if I threw myself down in Walmart on the ground wailing my arms? How would that make you feel? That is how I feel on the inside anyway. But I do have the promise that "God's Word does not return void but it goes about to accomplish what it was sent for". Those words that speak life and instruction to my children will eventually bear fruit. I must believe that in faith! I also have the promise that I am clinging to tightly as I throw myself into bed, "He gives us new mercies every morning." I about had my fill of mercies today. So with that all said, I am turning in and TGIO!

6 comments:

Diana Simpson said...

I would love to see you throw down in walmart.... i love you and i love the scripture you used! Keep it up!!!

Kara Akins said...

Hey sweetie!
I heard from my cousins daughter today who is 15. She needs prayer so I am asking for people to go to my blog and leave her a prayer or word of encouragement. I can't go into details of her trials but please know they are worthy of a multitude of intercessors. I love you and know I can count on your prayers.

Love you,
Kara

Anonymous said...

LOL! We are dealing with the same issues here if that makes you feel any better. I use the 1st and 3rd verses on my kids, but where is the 2nd one found? That's definitely one I need to get memorized quickly! :)

God's girl said...

Jodi-Hebrews 13:16 NIV states it this way, "And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased." :)

LOVE that one! Plus it helps me to remember as well!

Glad I am not alone!

Angela

ocean mommy said...

Love these scriptures! I can just hear you saying them to your girls. :)

Thanks for sharing them with us!
You encourage me so!

love you
stephanie

Cheri said...

What a wonderful blog- I found you through the CWO blog roll.
I will be stopping by often.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff