Monday, January 6, 2014

DVD Review: Restless by Jennie Allen

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this DVD set at no cost from the publisher for the purpose of an honest review.

This is an interesting review because I have viewed the 8 session video lessons alone without the aid of the study guide or book. My review can only be based on this information. I do know my appetite is whetted for more after viewing. It seems that the study that accompanies this will be helpful to those who desire to see God in the mundane of life. The book appears to focus more specifically on the life of Joseph, though the video is more application to the viewers everyday life.

I have to be honest, I like Jennie Allen. I am thrilled to see her desire to lead women in making a difference in our generation with our specific God-given strengths, talents and abilities. This video is made with a fresh, contemporary style that makes it interesting and easy to watch. There is a small group of women who are viewing the authors teaching. At the beginning of each session there is a question that several women try to answer regarding their lives based on the following lesson (Again, having the study guide would have helped here I believe). There are eight sessions lasting about 20 minutes each. Jennie's teaching is passionate and clear about making Jesus the center of our lives. It is good material that will spurn your walk forward in the Lord.

I believe this would be beneficial to do alongside a small group of women with the use of the study guide or book. It would be a good starting point for further discussion as to how these topics relate individually to the women in the group, in turn those women can encourage one another accordingly to be all they are meant to be in HIM.

The book and DVD's are available to order from Amazon tomorrow, January 7th here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff