Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day One of Simplifying - Journey to Simplicity

0 comments
 
I am taking a break at the halfway point of office organization. This room has our school stuff, which is overflowing since we home school, home papers of necessity, which are magnanimous, various computer, gaming, and other randomness. There is probably too much stuff in this one space but it is the only location for it in this house. Throwing out, giving away, and selling unnecessary items is a must. Especially if we want to move forward to our goal of simplifying and serving the nations.

The problem with this is that it is tiring! And my younger children are not the most helpful when it comes to these type of situations. I tend to be a referee or mediator much of the time distracting me from the goal of simplifying. It is a non-stop roller coaster.

Though the fun parts of this work are those precious finds that take time to go through like old pictures and papers that the children made. They are fun to look and reminisce at.

I must remind myself that this is not a sprint kind of process but a marathon. It will take time. My husband reminds me that we are in this together. We are a team. We are one. I am thankful for his strength. God uses him to infuse strength into my weary bones. I am thankful for him.

The journey has just begun and to get through it is to keep the main goal my focus. We can do this in HIM!

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff