Friday, October 1, 2010

The No T.V. Experiment

3 comments
 
The month of October is "No Television" month for our family. We are excited to jump into this adventure because we know that is will not only protect our children's eyes from the horrible things that come on during this month in particular but it will also help us to be detoxed from any garbage that has been allowed to seep into our hearts.

This month we will be taking time to focus on God, family, and getting our priorities in order. It isn't that we watch a lot of television in the first place but it does seem to occupy more of our time than it should. I am excited to see what this will do for our family. I will be posting about it throughout the month.

Just today my husband realized that it really should included limited time with other media sources as well, like Facebook, email, twitter, etc. So that will be part of it as well. We will see what this month holds.

3 comments:

Winnie Spann said...

I'm excited to see how this goes for your fam! I am not quite ready to do this but have definitely sensed the Lord speaking to me about our time that involves entertainment.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Blessings!!! I might make it through a month, but I am not sure about the males in our household.
What is excited is the fruit you will receive from your obedience to the Lord.

Shelley said...

Hey lady - we just did this for the last 6 weeks - I found it hard at first but I actually enjoyed it once I got use to it. It will be a blessing - love ya x

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff