Monday, October 11, 2010

The October T.V. Fast Challenge - A Stronghold Identified

2 comments
 
We are now 11 days into our T.V. fast. I was not sure how this would effect me because T.V. is not that big of a deal for me. However, I saw its hold on me this week. If you follow me you know I struggle pretty regularly with health issues. If it is not one thing it is another. When something rises up and I take time to rest usually that is when the T.V. comes on. This is the time I am most vulnerable to let the garbage sink into my head and heart. I think I am seeking comfort of some kind because I feel sorry for myself. This is kind of like comfort food.

Another way I use it is when I feel bad I like to turn it on for the kids to watch to give them something to do so I can be left alone to rest. I know some of you will think that this makes me a horrible mom but until you live in this body of mine and experience all of what I endure physically you cannot really understand this. I do see it and want to correct it though. Because of our commitment to our fast I have been able to learn to manage in a better way. Instead of seeking to comfort of T.V. or distracting the kids with it I can encourage them to play and I can read or interact with them in a different way that fits our situation.

Overall though we are really seeing improvement in family relationships. We are learning to enjoy one another and have fun together interacting more. I am so thankful for this.

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Precious friend,

You're NOT a horrible Mom. It's so easy for people to judge each other and so NOT worthy of the work done at the Cross.

You have my love and prayers not my judgment.

I'm thankful the Holy Spirit is ministering to your heart as you take this TV fast. May your body also be ministered to---healing touch.

Love you.

Tasha Lee said...

way to take that challenge, ange! love you!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff