Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Facebook and the mysterious "I Like it...."

8 comments
 
Serious ladies?! We are doing this again?! Breast Cancer Awareness month is a serious thing. We want people aware of Breast Cancer so we can better fight it. We need this awareness, however there are ways to do this and not be trashy at the same time.

In our sex crazed culture anytime you say, "I like it on the floor or on the kitchen counter or anywhere else" you know full well that it will create a temptation to a perverted thought in a male's mind. It is our job as women to do our best to NOT create stumbling blocks for our brothers in Christ. This is NOT a way to raise Breast Cancer Awareness. In case you are wondering what I am ranting about here is the "secret" email sent.

October Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Remember the game last year about what color bra you were wearing at the moment? The purpose was to increase awareness of October Breast Cancer Awareness month. It was a tremendous success and we had men wondering for days what was with the colors and it made it to the news. This year's game has to do with your handbag/purse, where we put our handbag the moment we get home for example "I like it on the couch", "I like it on the kitchen counter", "I like it on the dresser" well u get the idea. Just put your answer as your status with nothing more than that and cut n paste this message and forward to all your FB female friends to their inbox. The bra game made it to the news. Let's see how powerful we women really are!!! REMEMBER - DO NOT PUT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE- PUT IT IN YOUR STATUS!!! PASS THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!

Seriously, who is making this up? And seriously why would you blindly just follow this? I am so blessed to be a woman. God made us unique and special. This is not a way for women to become powerful but a way for them to be ignorant or unprotected. Do you want some man imagining you in a wrong manner? I hope that answer is no. So then I say to you STOP IT! Expose this ignorance and just wear pink, add it to your profile picture, post names of survivors or memories of lost loved ones.

8 comments:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Amen! I am with you 100% on this. I was glad to see that some people are tinting their profile pictures pink to support breast cancer awareness. I prefer that SO much more than the "I like it..." posts.

Beth said...

I agree. I did not participate in the "I like it..." status updates either. I don't see how this is raising money for breast cancer awareness.

Nesha said...

Thanks for clearing that all up for me. I had no idea why status' were saying things like that! Totally agree with you, those are taking away the seriousness of this disease and could easily cause other thoughts to occur. Luckily, my thoughts were confusion though.lol There are so many other ways to bring about awareness.

ocean mommy said...

AMEN!!! Was a little disturbed when I received the FB e-mail. Why would a Christian woman put something like this on her status? It gives the wrong impression and does nothing to raise awareness of a serious disease.

Anonymous said...

Amen. I just saw this on FB tonight and didn't have a clue why it was posted on my friend's wall. I wondered what in the world she was saying with her comment. If my mind went to the wrong place you can bet men's minds sure do.

Mrs. M said...

I just got this note in my email from someone I know on facebook and I deleted it, refusing to play. I was offended by it last year and I am offended by it this year. Breast cancer is not a game, and it is certainly not a perverted game. My mother is healing from her radiation treatments, and I had a biopsy this summer that was benign (thank you Lord!).

I just followed a link from a friend's facebook page to say thank you for posting this. I agree wholeheartedly.

Faith said...

well said! I get soooo weary of these FB 'Games".....i am with ya all the way on this!

Shelley said...

Clapping at this end - I thought it was so trashy too - thank you for saying it.

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff