Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lenoir City TN....What a Speaking Event is Like for Me

0 comments
 
So here is the low down on speaking events for me. I do not know if it will ever get easier. The fun part is really digging deep into God's word. I LOVE this part. Praying and listening to what God wants to speak. This part is the greatest. But then the thoughts of the women I will be sharing with come to mind and then I start to get super nervous.

I do like that nervousness because I think it speaks many things in my heart that I must evaluate. First are my eyes on Jesus? Obedience to Him is more important than anything else. Because of that I can press through it. However, am I concerned too much about  what others will think of me? Will that be more important to me than obedience? Am I handling the word of truth correctly? Am I depending on Him alone for this task? After all all He calls you to He equips you for. Do I trust Him to speak through an ordinary and simple girl like me?

That last question is probably the hardest one. Do I trust that God can use even me for any part of His plans or purposes? I want to please Him. Will I trust Him? In Lenoir city He showed up. He always brings me back to the disciples. This verse is what happens to me, "When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus," Acts 4:13. I can have courage, Jesus in me through the Holy Spirit does the work. It never ceases to amaze me AND I can never take credit for it. It is a beautiful thing to accomplish a task through HIM. All for Him and all for His glory.



God connected me with some amazing women. He also used it to encourage others dealing with chronic medical conditions. At any event I will never know all that God did, His ways are amazing to me. In whatever way we serve it is a blessing indeed. Our Father in Heaven loves us and allows us to work alongside Him. That never gets old. What a privilege.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff