Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Book Review: Coffee Shop Conversations by Dale and Jonalyn Fincher

0 comments
 
Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk

I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I found this book to be very interesting. It is a helpful tool that teaches you how to talk to other people about Jesus. Not your typical book on this subject. It  addresses us all as humans created in the image of God whether we follow Jesus or not. On this journey we are all just trying to make things work to the best of our ability. As we walk along we will come in contact with tons of people. How do we share? How are we helpful in this sharing? I appreciated the way this book challenged me personally as well as methods used in the past that did not work. It centers on Jesus and His way.

So often Christians get a bad rap because their only interest is in converting people. I often feel frustrated in sharing my own faith. I have been taught so many different ways to do this. Yet no certain method is right. We are all different. God is the one who draws peoples hearts. We are just responsible for sharing where God allows us too. There should not be any pressure here.

This book takes a look at different religions or belief systems and how to ask questions that will promote further conversation. I especially enjoyed this section of the book. I learned some new things about different religions that I did not already know.

This book is written in conversational style that makes it easy to read. It also gives many examples of conversations the authors have had. I found that very helpful.

See what others are saying here.
Visit the authors website here.
To get a copy of the book from Amazon go here.
Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff