Monday, October 22, 2012

Psalm 119 - Week 18

0 comments
 

צ Tsadhe

137 You are righteous,Lord, and your laws are right.
Do you generally think this way? Do you believe God's ways are best or your own?

138 The statutes you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy.
God our Father is good. He has the best in mind for us so therefore we can fully trust His word. Do you trust Him? What are your struggling to trust Him with now?

139 My zeal wears me out, for my enemies ignore your words.
Are you passionate for His word? How do you respond to those who do not respond well to His word? Or those who mock it? The Psalmists zeal was stronger than opposition. We must have that same zeal. His word is truth and we must be passionate about truth. 

140 Your promises have been thoroughly tested, and your servant loves them.
Do you love God's word? Has His word been true to you as you tested it?

141 Though I am lowly and despised, I do not forget your precepts.
No matter what anyone thinks of His word and you because you love His word, do not forget His precepts.

142 Your righteousness is everlasting and your law is true.
His law is truly truth, all that is good and right. His righteous ways are never ending!

143 Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands give me delight.
When trouble visits you do you delight in His word? Do you trust it in times of need? 

144 Your statutes are always righteous; give me understanding that I may live.
We must rightly understand His word because it is the way to abundant life. He is trustworthy and His word is trustworthy. 

Father thank you for your word. May we love it and trust it fully. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff