Monday, October 8, 2012

Psalm 119 week 17

0 comments
 

I decided to continue on in our study of Psalm 119. I stopped it for the 30 day Sibling Challenge and never got back to it. So here we go! I do pray you are loving the word more than ever. I pray as we continue on we will love it even more so. May it be a very part of us like the air we breathe.

Pe
129 
Your testimonies are wonderful;
therefore my soul keeps them.

Do you truly believe His words are wonderful? Or do you view them as restrictive? That is the difference of legalism and trusting the One who gives loving boundaries. Do you keep them out of obligation or love?

130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

His word is so illuminating it does give understand to the simple. Even little children can understand. Can you give an example where you have seen this?

131 I open my mouth and pant, because I long for your commandments.

Do you pant for His words like a dog does water in the scorching summer heat? or do you read it out of obligation? or do you not desire to read it at all? Let this verse be the prayer of our hearts!

132 Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your way with those who love your name.

Oh what joy it is to be a friend of God!
 
133 Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.

He does keep us steady as we walk in His ways, may sin not rule over us!

134 Redeem me from man's oppression, that I may keep your precepts.

 Oh keep us from man's oppressive ways, keep our minds fixed on your ways!
 
135 Make your face shine upon your servant, and teach me your statutes.

Oh may His glorious face shine brightly upon us! May He open our hearts to learn His ways!
 
136 My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep your law.

Do you hurt when you see others breaking His law? Or does it not bother you?

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff