Monday, October 15, 2012

A Tantrumed Heart - Lessons from My Three Year Old

0 comments
 
My three year old son is throwing a long tantrum. Too long for my taste really. He is choosing to sit in his sinful choices rather than obey my voice. He has consequences and a light pointing him in the proper direction to lead him out of his mess however he chooses tantrum. It breaks my heavy heart. How much I want him to chose the right way! How much I want to alleviate the sabotage he is choosing for himself. Yet I cannot.

I cannot be a good parent and allow him to continue in sin. In fact I think that is what is wrong with many today. They have been allowed to feel entitled to things. They have a sense that the rules do not applying to them. We are doing ourselves a disservice as parents when we do not rightfully and in love discipline our children helping them to chose the right path.

He is three so he cannot see why obedience is important. He only wants his selfishness satisfied completely at this moment. He will not look beyond himself. Oh how I sit and wait for him to see. How I long for his heart to grieve his sin. I cannot force him to chose the right way. That I imagine is how the Father looks at us.

I am like that three year old son. I look at God and tantrum when I cannot see why He allows pain in my life. I want comfort, I crave it intensely. It is an idol. I cannot worship comfort over God's plan. That false god must die. Yet I tantrum kicking, screaming and bawling my eyes out because I want things to be different. Not taking the time to trust God in all of His authority and wisdom. Oh how I grieve His heart. He sits and waits. He is in control of the discipline until I am ready to turn back to Him. In fact He leaves everything for just one little lost sheep.

Sin is serious. So serious that Jesus had to have it all poured on Him at the cross to remedy us. This action made us forever right with God if we believe what He did. This act freed us from sins grip if we are in Him. There is always provided a way out we can chose. Yet God does not force us. Oh how grateful I am for HIS grace! I am so thankful to be His. I know who I belong to so I will remind my stubborn heart and soul to trust in His ways no matter how extreme or painful they may seem to me.

8 "If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. 11 For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." ~Hebrews 12:8-11

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff