Saturday, October 6, 2012

Book Reveiw: Everything by Mary DeMuth

0 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the sake of review.

This book was written by one of my favorite authors so I am already going in biased. I love the way Mary DeMuth uses words in a way that is intelligent yet easily readable. This book was no different. You can be sure to feel like you are visiting with her over coffee as you read this. You can really get a feel for her heart. I love that about her writings.

This book in particular is a challenge to surrender all to Christ. It is summed up as stating our world "needs  Jesus-- full of outrageous grace, unconditional love, and hope-filled pardon. And it needs Him this moment."
Throughout this book the author shares her personal life stories and examples to help us as we grow in this process of sanctification. The process of laying our lives down to make Jesus our all.

This book is broken into three sections. The first discusses how we can make Jesus our everything in how we think. The second section discusses how Jesus can be our everything in our heart. Section three discusses walking out Jesus as our everything. All chapters were greatly informative and filled with information pointing to Christ. It was very practical.

This book was definitely one of my favorites this year. I only like to recommend to you something that will lead you closer to Christ. I found this to be true of this title. I often found my heart in spontaneous worship as I was reminded of God's goodness and His desire to be everything in our lives. Go out and get this one, it will be worth your time.

You can get a copy of it from Amazon here.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff