Monday, December 12, 2011

The Lyme Journey Part Two

0 comments
 
I decided since I am officially out of denial and on this road to recovery battling Lyme disease again I will record my journey in words. I must caution you. It will be raw. It will be honest. Sometimes you will not want to read but it will be truth. And above all else how I trust God in this. I believe He is in complete control of it. Fourteen years ago I got Lyme disease then was healed or atleast it went into remission now seven years after that I have had a flare up again. I am sure it is in my entire body. It does not stay in one place, it invades everything. It is even in my spinal fluid. Not cool.

For the time being my husband and I have prayed and decided to do natural anti-biotic treatment on this thing round two. Atleast for 6 months then we will reevaluate. I have been on Oil of Oregano for four day now. So far it is not fun at all. It takes incredibly strong and goes down your throat like a slow burn, think of a strong drink like Bourbon (yes have had it in my former days.) I have tried to mix it with several liquids but the taste is so strong and the burn is unavoidable. As it goes down after a few minutes my heart starts pounding kind of fast. Not sure what that is about and I wait. Sometimes it causes some increased pain in joints. Other times in my skin. My mouth burns some after as well. It is not a fun thing to take I will tell you but if it will kill this bacteria then I will do it. My round is going to be anywhere from 10 to 20 days we will see.

In the meantime, I have significantly cut my wheat/gluten, dairy, and sugar down from my diet. These things suppress the immune system. So it is important I rebuild mine so that my body can fight this. Also I am doing doses of vitamin C and Himalayan salt. Taking Zinc and various vitamins. Don't forget the probiotic. The increased fruits and veggies has really helped too. It just makes your body feel better. I think it is good for anyone really.

Now, I have no idea if this will work but this is the first round and we will see what happens. Currently my biggest problem is walking, pain in joints, all joints, teeth issues, jaw pain, swelling in knees, legs not working properly, brain fog, skin hurting. Think of the flu continually. This is day to day for me. Things that should not take much effort do. I hope to get to exercising but now it is not really that possible. I keep seeing a wheel chair in my future, but I don't think it will be truly. I have to face that fear which should not be one at all. Hubs says he will get me a real cool speedy one if it ever happened. He is so good to me. :)

I wanted to embed this but it would not let me so I am including a video for hope for lyme patients in TN. Our own Gov. B had to go out of state for treatment, sad huh? This is a great small victory for our state now if some docs would rise up and really learn and treat.



Sadly my youngest has aspergers syndrome and it can be linked to Lyme. Here is a story about it on Fox News http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/09/27/doctors-find-link-between-lyme-disease-autism/
I don't want to worry about them. I have two kids. Both birthed during my sickness. I did not know at the time what it was. It went into remission when I was pregnant. If they become symptomatic or we make our trip to my doctor in Missouri we will get them tested. The only Lyme literate lab is Igenix labs. The tests are $475 dollars each and are not covered under insurance. So that is a big cost. Lyme is very expensive for patients. It is a strain on families financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. It is a hard road we are on but it is in God we trust. It is Him we cling to and follow. We will go where He leads. I believe I am to surrender this time. I am too weak to fight. I need to do what I need to do and watch God work. He will fight for me, us. I hope the story has a happy ending. But who are we kidding? God stories do for to live is Christ (Happy ending) to die is gain (Happy ending).

I think for now the hardest part is living with people's misunderstandings. I want to be understood. I am not well though I may look it or may be out and about. I am truly dying inside. Today atleast, maybe in a few I will be well again. My hope though is in HIM. However He plays it out. All for His glory and our good. Yet I can't help but laugh because the evil one will think he has won. Any great sinister villain could use this disease that slowly kills a body inside. It is a good weapon of warfare. Slow torture. Slowly killing all you are, yet we are of a different breed. We are of a Heavenly Kingdom, this body is just a jar of clay, we have a new and resurrected body coming. No matter what we have won because we are HIS, we belong to the High King. The sinister villain can wreck some minor havoc but of it is temporary and minor compared to what we have to come. We are more than over comers in HIM.

No comments:

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff