Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Made a Huge Mistake - Lyme - Set Back

4 comments
 
Just one choice can do it! A set back is like a blink of the eye. I just infused my body with poison called sugar but I did not know how bad it really was for me until now. So in a twisted way it is a victory. I know to never do it again because I never want to feel this way again.

My joints and muscles just ache all around. My brain is very foggy. I only had one packet. It was all because I wanted a cup of coffee sweetened. I thought I would not like it without it. This choice is causing a painful set back.

Yet these choices happen as you start to feel better, you test the waters. You think if I eat this it probably won't hurt me. Or if I just eat this then I will be okay. Just this once, etc. It is a bad thought process. What I have found to feel the best is to cut all sugar, dairy, or gluten. However, the biggest menaces to my body are white sugar, white flour, and dairy (from cheese and milk). Keeping it at that level is fine and I still feel better.

I however, am feeling a bit rebellious because it is Christmas and the "tradition" is to eat many sugary treats. Not sure why but that is what culture is like. I want to fit into the culture and eat this yummy junk. I just do. I suppose it will take a long while to change my attitude. However, I want to remember how I feel in this moment. That is enough to help me remember not to do it again.

4 comments:

karen said...

praying for you dear friend

LeeBird3 said...

Lord, please restore my sweet sister's health. Give her (and ME) the strength to do what's best for our bodies. It's really hard,Lord. Give us a willing heart.

Anonymous said...

As one who deals constantly with pain, I will be lifting you in prayer.

I just read your post on pain at WI and it all that you shared was spot on.

All that I have gone through, the Lord has used for his glory!

Blessings and prayers,

Paul,
aka The Mayor :-)

Janelle@GraceTags said...

It could be candida that kicked those symptoms up too. Ugh, it's a hard battle to win but you will because Jesus still heals!

Janelle

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff