Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Book Review: Heaven Is For Real For Kids

3 comments
 
I received a copy of this ebook free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I have been skeptical of this book for a long while so I thought it would be a good time to do a review of it. First because it is a best seller. Second because it is written for kids. People these days are very interested in the supernatural and Heaven but when it comes to Jesus they seem to turn their noses up. They want to get into Heaven but when it comes to the One way they start to get defensive.

One good thing about this book is that it does have Scripture references on each page to go along with what each page has said. Each page is also beautifully illustrated. However, this book has to be treated as fiction because it is based on one child's experience and not on the authoritative word of God. Because of this some things can be faulty. We error as humans and make mistakes. Being weak and sick our imaginations and memories deceive us. Being a child at the young age of three can mean things could easily be miscommunicated. Now getting past all of that, I like that the parents documented the experience their son had and how it has given other people hope.

At the very end the book does include Jesus telling Him the most important thing about how to get into Heaven so it does present the gospel for kids here. I do think it does give kids a hope for Heaven. It looks like a fun place and that is what it will be. It did describe Heaven in a way that matched with the Biblical description in some places then added things in other places. We can only speculate really. But again it was a child's experience. I am glad he had that personal experience. However, the main goal of our lives is to bring glory to Christ. Does this book do this? Well, it is on the best seller's list. People are wanting to get to Heaven. Maybe in it they will be introduced to Jesus and see their need for Him. This is only the children's version of the book so overall it was adequate. I have no idea how it relates to the adult version.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they had a kid version of this book. How interesting. Glad to read your review about it. I really want to read the adult version. If I do, I'll let you know.

Unknown said...

I HIGHLY recommend getting a copy of this book. It’s a beautiful read. Something you can share with someone too that may have lost someone and is wondering if there really is a Heaven..
View this site for Zespri Kiwi fruit information

Luzia Narvz said...

Another book I've read after my mother passed. I needed some reassurance, and information and acknowledgement about what happens in the afterlife. The day after my mother passed, several curious events happened to me that reassured me she is fine in the afterlife….and that there is one.

Luzia
KRW Lawyers

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff