Friday, May 27, 2011

Do You Know Your Worth? Going Back to a Younger Me

2 comments
 
This is a picture of me at 18. I look at this girl and see beauty. I wish I could go back and tell her things. But going back would have to start much earlier than 18. Rewinding back to maybe 13 would be a good age. See, I look at her and I see how beautiful she is. Yet when I was her age my self esteem was so low. I felt incredibly bad about myself and ugly. Because of that I fell into much compromise and sin. I missed out on God's best for me. Choices we make do this to us. The problem is I had not idea who I was in Christ.

Do you know who you are in Christ? If not learn who you are in Him. Read Ephesians 1. Let it truly sink into the core of you. Rest in that and believe it. Trust that God is for you. God loves you so much He sings songs over you (Zephaniah 3:17). If I really knew who I was and Who held me no matter the circumstances I would have been protected. I would have known my beauty and been okay because I am a daughter of the King.

Mean words, worldly values, tragedies, none of this can shake you if you are truly rested in Him. Our value is based on what God thinks of us not what others think. We are valuable because He greatly loves us. He loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for our mess. He loves us. Christ took the punishment of our sin on Himself. Only because of love. He woos us to Himself. If we truly believe this we will stand solid in Him.

Do you know your worth? Do you know who you are in HIM? I pray you do. Rest in Him and you will be secure. He is our Rock. He holds us in His hands. He never leaves or forsakes us. Do you believe this? Do you believe His word?

2 comments:

Vilisi said...

Thank you for these beautiful words of encouragement, Angela.
God bless,
Vilisi

LisaShaw said...

Amen and Amen to what you shared dear one and you are just as beautiful now as you were in that photo!

Love you!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff