Sunday, May 15, 2011

Book Review: When the Hurt Runs Deep by Kay Arthur

1 comments
 
I received a copy of this book free of charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I started this book already biased because I am a personal fan of Precept Ministries and Kay Arthur. She is one of the women I would like to be like when I grow up. I knew I would like it but it brought much more into my life than I expected.

I have been through much hurt and pain in my life. This book addresses this topic very candidly and clearly but most importantly it addresses what God's word says about it. I wish I had a book like this to read 10 years ago.

I always love how Scriptural Kay's books are. They are always filled with God's word fully and in context. Yet she beautifully tied in personal stories of peoples lives. Some that I felt were too candid (which bothered my mind). I did not need to know details in order to get the gist of a person's suffering. However, the fact is we all will suffer in some ways here on earth and ultimately we can let it draw us to God or away from Him. Satan would have it draw us away but God desires for it to draw us near. He loves us fully and completely and we can trust Him. He sent His One and Only Son to the cross so that we could be clean before Him. Jesus willingly laid His life down and has experienced all suffering and can fully relate to us. That is the greatest love.

This book would be great to do in a group but also good for a personal reading. Healing occurs best in a safe group so I would really recommend you do this with a group of women ready to discover God's word for yourself. It will greatly bless you.

To get a copy of this book from Amazon click on the link and picture above.

1 comment:

Mining for Diamonds said...

I've seen this book in the bookstore and started reading it several times. I'd love to get a copy...one day, when it goes on sale, lol!

Thanks for the review!

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff